Southampton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

inbetween said:
Anyway lads, it's saturday night, I have a pint, a curry on the way and City have got a point at one of the toughest away fixtures of the year and are currently sat in 4th just 2 points from 2nd and have to play the top team in a couple of weeks at home. We haven't lost or drawn at home and have scored 32 goals in 7 matches having conceded only 2. On the flip side, we haven't just lost at home for the second game on the bounce, it really could be worst!
Think on that note am going to get my togs on and enjoy a pint or two myself.

I think we can only say that was a good point if our rivals go there and lose, none have played there yet.

I tend to agree with several sensible posts on here that our away form is improving but he does need to strengthen the midfield for away games, I would consider 4-5-1 until we get some momentum behind us.

Anyway, the top of the league is pretty exciting and will only be more so if the gooners lose tomorrow.

Hungdaddy said:
its a worry when we have to play all the top teams away from home in the 2nd half of the season

Not too worried about that. Set up like we did against Chelsea (I know we lost), and I'm pretty confident we will pick up wins against anyone.

It's a sort of quaint notion, but for many on here, if City don't dominate every game, if City are not 3 up by half-time, if City don't win every game at a canter, all hope (if it ever existed) is lost!

The abuse heaped on Pellegrini, Demichelis, Garcia, Yaya, Dzeko, Kolarov when the above scenario doesn't play out is comical. Today, Demichelis was really solid, Kolarov dangerous throughout, and Garcia didn't put a foot wrong when we were under pressure; Sergio, Alvaro and Yaya were poor. I forgive them.

jayblue said:
We havent got the workrate or heart to win the title

This is the problem. Fatigue had fuck all to do with it today, Southampton played midweek too.

Ballymagash Blue said:
It's a sort of quaint notion, but for many on here, if City don't dominate every game, if City are not 3 up by half-time, if City don't win every game at a canter, all hope (if it ever existed) is lost!

The abuse heaped on Pellegrini, Demichelis, Garcia, Yaya, Dzeko, Kolarov when the above scenario doesn't play out is comical. Today, Demichelis was really solid, Kolarov dangerous throughout, and Garcia didn't put a foot wrong when we were under pressure; Sergio, Alvaro and Yaya were poor. I forgive them.

Hard to find tonight but another excellent post. That Caddick kid is doing my head in by the way.

r.soleofsalford said:
lets face it we were shite and second best to a southampton side without wanyama or schneiderlin.

when will pellgrini learn, to beat these teams you first have to win the midfield battle, we never did.

we will not win the league with this away bollox

Why don't you give him a call and give him the benefit of your vast Premiership managers experience!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.