Southampton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

paphos-mcfc said:
Hopefully le arse will struggle to beat Everton tomorrow and we'll spank them next week to close the gap. If Ozil ever gets injured, they're fucked. He's carried them as a team IMO.

Yes, he's made the difference but he's not carrying them in the sense that Rooney carries that lot. Arsenal's midfield is excellent, even without ozil. But obviously if he did get injured they would be a poorer team. I like the fact that Arsenal are so good this season. It adds something to the Premier League, and I can't wait to get myself down the Etihad next saturday morning.

r.soleofsalford said:
lets face it we were shite and second best to a southampton side without wanyama or schneiderlin.

when will pellgrini learn, to beat these teams you first have to win the midfield battle, we never did.

we will not win the league with this away bollox
Nail on head, I`m resigned to the fact now that he`ll play 2 up front whatever team we are playing & wherever

r.soleofsalford said:
BLUEMATT23 said:
On the face of it 4 points from 2 tough away games is OK. But given the Southampton injuries I expected more.

i said exactly the same about 4 point being good before the start of the week, but against a weaken saints side we were dire

Same old same old for me. 2 up front AWAY clearly does not work against high pressing high tempo teams but he is too stubborn to realize this.
Plus the attitude of the players against sides like the Saints needs to be significantly upped.

Struggle away to teams that play 3 in the middle as mentioned sacrifice a forward away from home.

Quite a bit of trouble outside after the game
Saints fans singing ''your so Northern you eat off the floor''
Not a very wise thing to do to a load of pissed , tired and emotional City fans

Ballymagash Blue said:
It's a sort of quaint notion, but for many on here, if City don't dominate every game, if City are not 3 up by half-time, if City don't win every game at a canter, all hope (if it ever existed) is lost!

The abuse heaped on Pellegrini, Demichelis, Garcia, Yaya, Dzeko, Kolarov when the above scenario doesn't play out is comical. Today, Demichelis was really solid, Kolarov dangerous throughout, and Garcia didn't put a foot wrong when we were under pressure; Sergio, Alvaro and Yaya were poor. I forgive them.

I wanted 7 out of 9 with a win against Arsenal from this run so happy with the result today. Not the best for the last 60 minutes but a good result which most would've taken before kick off

He switched to 3 in midfield but it accomplished nothing because Garcia is often like an invisible man. Garcia didn't complete a single tackle in his 30 minutes on the pitch. Even Dzeko made one and he came on later.

Unless Rodwell shows something and stays fit or we buy a really good midfielder in January, 3 in the midfield might just be a pointless endeavour. And please don't say Milner, he isn't a holding midfielder just because he runs around a lot.

LoveCity said:
He switched to 3 in midfield but it accomplished nothing because Garcia is often like an invisible man. Garcia didn't complete a single tackle in his 30 minutes on the pitch. Even Dzeko made one and he came on later.

Unless Rodwell shows something and stays fit or we buy a really good midfielder in January, 3 in the midfield might just be a pointless endeavour. And please don't say Milner, he isn't a holding midfielder just because he runs around a lot.

3 man midfield should be Yaya/Fernandinho/Nasri with Silva/Navas taking up wide positions.

If Arsenal weren't 5 points ahead of us with the chance to make it 8 tomorrow then today's point might be viewed a bit differently by a lot of people on here. It's the usual flappers on here, doom and gloom if we haven't beaten anyone below us in the table by at least a couple of goals. Certainly not our greatest performance under MP but certainly not our worst either. Arsenal won't keep winning every weekend, they will drop points...it might not be this weekend but it might be in the next month, judging by the look of their fixtures in December. There's a long way to go. If Jovetic is fit for the Arsenal game I'd be tempted to play him, throw in an element of surprise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.