Southampton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Hopefully le arse will struggle to beat Everton tomorrow and we'll spank them next week to close the gap. If Ozil ever gets injured, they're fucked. He's carried them as a team IMO.

I thought that the two fullbacks of Southampton were superb today and caused us all sorts of problems. Sami a little quiet as was Alvarro - this was a game that Silva would really have relished. I myself would have had him on the bench as he loves receiving the ball in tight spaces and is our best player at dealing with a pressing opposition. A good point all in all - great first 20 but we need to punish teams when we are on top. This result could prove important at the end of the season. Chelsea losing at Stoke show that there is no god given right for the top four to win easily in this league. A better result than last season - they do get up when they face us so I for one am not too unhappy. I would have taken 4 points out of the two away games so onwards and upwards fellow blues. Cheeky bid for Shaw in Jan anyone?

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Not a good performance at all but a positive to see us grinding out some kind of result away against a good team when we are having an off day. Also if we beat arsenal next week then I reckon this will look a decent point.

When we beat Arsenal it will have no bearing on todays performance.
I didn't say it would have any bearing on today's performance. Just that if we can against arsenal then 7 points from this run of three games in ten days will have been reasonable and we will have closed the gap on arsenal by at least a point over those games. I tend to look at matches in runs like that. For instance you could also say wednesday's result was irrelevant to today's but if we hadn't won at WBA then IMO today would have been must win.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
r.soleofsalford said:
lets face it we were shite and second best to a southampton side without wanyama or schneiderlin.

when will pellgrini learn, to beat these teams you first have to win the midfield battle, we never did.

we will not win the league with this away bollox

You can't blame Pellegrini for all those unforced errors today.

no but i can blame him for us getting over run in midfield though.

On the face of it 4 points from 2 tough away games is OK. But given the Southampton injuries I expected more.

Hungdaddy said:
its a worry when we have to play all the top teams away from home in the 2nd half of the season

Of the so called big teams, Arsenal have so far only visited Trafford Utd. And they've yet to visit Newcastle or Saints. No different for them, except they've got a bit of a head start.

The team that started today should start against Munich and save our best players for Arsenal.

Sky Blue said:
Ballymagash Blue said:
It's a sort of quaint notion, but for many on here, if City don't dominate every game, if City are not 3 up by half-time, if City don't win every game at a canter, all hope (if it ever existed) is lost!

The abuse heaped on Pellegrini, Demichelis, Garcia, Yaya, Dzeko, Kolarov when the above scenario doesn't play out is comical. Today, Demichelis was really solid, Kolarov dangerous throughout, and Garcia didn't put a foot wrong when we were under pressure; Sergio, Alvaro and Yaya were poor. I forgive them.

Hard to find tonight but another excellent post. That Caddick kid is doing my head in by the way.
mine too, he predicts us to lose nearly every match, then when we win you don't see him for dust, one boring miserable twat

Ballymagash Blue said:
It's a sort of quaint notion, but for many on here, if City don't dominate every game, if City are not 3 up by half-time, if City don't win every game at a canter, all hope (if it ever existed) is lost!

The abuse heaped on Pellegrini, Demichelis, Garcia, Yaya, Dzeko, Kolarov when the above scenario doesn't play out is comical. Today, Demichelis was really solid, Kolarov dangerous throughout, and Garcia didn't put a foot wrong when we were under pressure; Sergio, Alvaro and Yaya were poor. I forgive them.

Head down BB - you're about to be consigned to the "happy clapper" contingent with such a reasoned and forgiving summary!

Although I would add that whilst he was at times dangerous today (and even had an assist!), Kola needs to try and be a little less dangerous in and around our own penalty area :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.