Southport | 9 year old girl confirmed as third victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah worked Croydon, was doing the gas assessments on the engineers who worked on the Galpins Road explosion in Croydon where a little girl lost her life
The engineers are now having to attend in unmarked vans in the area as they were getting pelted when they were seen
Doesn't surprise me. Has been going on years. Used to work with a woman from London whose fella worked on maintenance in Newham and they were getting attacked and vans/tools nicked 20 plus years ago.
Was very little ever reported on it though, all hushed up.
So probs just become normal.

Why does it matter where the attacker was from or what ethnicity he is? What difference will it make?
If he's a refugee, what can we do to prevent anything like this happening again? Nothing. If he's a legit immigrant, what can we do? Nothing. If he's a local lad with mental problems, what can we do?
These kinds of attacks are unpredictable and unpreventable.

I had a quick search of far right terror here in the UK and predominately it's morons downloading stuff off the Internet and not marauding far right stabbing or driving into people, a lot of rebel rousing and not much else, in recent years Incel were far more predominant and worrying, coming more into the spotlight with the shootings in Plymouth. I think with the israel war and happenings elsewhere we're going to see a rise of extremists on both sides I just hope the government has a plan to reduce any further incidents. At this moment in time I'd ban any more public marches/protests on all sides, including far left/ Hamas/Palestine/far right/zionist supporting ones, instilling fear and discourse is the last thing we need at this moment.

Just feels to me the public are being managed by the police here, they are trying to put a bonfire out with a water pistol imo. Letting rumours fly around is just making it worse, the apparent facts are out there so its better the police either just confirm or deny rather than let it carry on

Doesn't surprise me. Has been going on years. Used to work with a woman from London whose fella worked on maintenance in Newham and they were getting attacked and vans/tools nicked 20 plus years ago.

I had a quick search of far right terror here in the UK and predominately it's morons downloading stuff off the Internet and not marauding far right stabbing or driving into people, a lot of rebel rousing and not much else, in recent years Incel were far more predominant and worrying, coming more into the spotlight with the shootings in Plymouth. I think with the israel war and happenings elsewhere we're going to see a rise of extremists on both sides I just hope the government has a plan to reduce any further incidents. At this moment in time I'd ban any more public marches/protests on all sides, including far left/ Hamas/Palestine/far right/zionist supporting ones, instilling fear and discourse is the last thing we need at this moment.

That’s a good idea

I’ve worked in Stapleton road in Bristol and have had to get there early before all the nutters wake up.my colleague was sat by the roadside with his tool bag beside him when someone picked his hammer up and threw it through a shop window and walked off. The crime rates are unbelievable in that area and you don’t see the dibble at all . A lot of them are off their faces on khat

Seemingly, the "suspect" is the offspring of Rwandan parents, and Rwanda is overwhelmingly a Christian country (less than 2% Muslim).
I don't think that says much one way or the other.

Muslim people are a minority in the UK too, around 6%, but something like 95 of the last 98 terrorist incidents in the UK were committed by Muslims. Clearly extremely disproportionate.

The truth is we don't know his religion or beliefs, if he had any at all. He might be just a nutcase, he might be Christian, he might be muslim, he might be a convert that was radicalised.

People are just guessing at this point.

Why does it matter where the attacker was from or what ethnicity he is? What difference will it make?
If he's a refugee, what can we do to prevent anything like this happening again? Nothing. If he's a legit immigrant, what can we do? Nothing. If he's a local lad with mental problems, what can we do?
These kinds of attacks are unpredictable and unpreventable.
I get what you’re saying, but surely understanding the attackers background and potentially where they are from is important in understanding why they could have done something so terrible? (That’s for white British people as well)

It was very relevant in the Manchester arena attack.

We don’t know the full details, but A lot of attacks could have been prevented as often social services or the police know about the attacker.

We just can't cope with social media, or having unlimited, unchecked information at our fingertips. It was bad enough having the media at times in years gone by, but we've sunk to new depths since the introduction of things like Facebook, Twitter etc.
In the past the letters written by idiots in crayon to the local paper or radio or to the BBC used to go straight in the bin and never see the light of day.

Now with social media they go straight to the feeds of other idiots and before you know it you have an army of idiots spreading their lack of knowledge and it gathers pace to the point where politicians like Farage can exploit it by pretending to speak for them.

Does anyone know yet how the arrest took place ? I know armed police attended and am surprised he’s not been shot
Purely a guess but the only way I see he’s come out of it alive is he was tackled by men or armed police said drop the knife and get down and he did as he was told
I hope it’s the latter as I think that would work against any mental health defence if he clearly understood the situation and followed orders and didn’t want to die

Can only hope he really does suffer enough punishment for this it’s one of the most disturbing things I’ve ever seen and hope his punishment doesn’t end after sentencing
The Times reports he fled the scene and a member of the public helped apprehend him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.