Southport | 9 year old girl confirmed as third victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that says much one way or the other.

Muslim people are a minority in the UK too, around 6%, but something like 95 of the last 98 terrorist incidents in the UK were committed by Muslims. Clearly extremely disproportionate.

The truth is we don't know his religion or beliefs, if he had any at all. He might be just a nutcase, he might be Christian, he might be muslim, he might be a convert that was radicalised.

People are just guessing at this point.
I was simply repeating what is being said online.

I get what you’re saying, but surely understanding the attackers background and potentially where they are from is important in understanding why they could have done something so terrible? (That’s for white British people as well)

It was very relevant in the Manchester arena attack.

We don’t know the full details, but A lot of attacks could have been prevented as often social services or the police know about the attacker.
That's not why people on social media are claiming the attacker to be an immigrant, though. It's not for a better understanding...it's out of HATRED. They hate first and will be using this as a reason to justify that hatred.

I get what you’re saying, but surely understanding the attackers background and potentially where they are from is important in understanding why they could have done something so terrible? (That’s for white British people as well)

It was very relevant in the Manchester arena attack.

We don’t know the full details, but A lot of attacks could have been prevented as often social services or the police know about the attacker.

I do think it's difficult because you can't monitor people 24/7. I do think if people are coming in to this country and not from this country and they have real intelligence on them being linked to terror organisations or a real threat, then they shouldn't be in this country, that's what deportations should be for.

generally speaking though, it's almost impossible to stop the kind of thing that happened yesterday. Just like they can't prevent anyone on here grabbing a knife out of their kitchen now and walking out into the street and stabbing someone.

Even if you've got someone from this country on a list of potential threats but they've not actually committed a crime, do you lock them up anyway? Well that's not really how the system works. Do you watch their every move 24 hours a day? It's not possible.

Sadly a lot of the time there's almost nothing they can do to prevent it. Intelligence services can only do so much, they can't control people's actions.

I'm all for deporting non British people who are deemed to be a genuine terror threat. Other than that, it's difficult to prevent. It's just a harsh reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.