Southport | 9 year old girl confirmed as third victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole thing is so utterly sickening and so hard to comprehend it is perhaps not surprising that people who are not directly affected want to jump straight to the "how's and why's" in order to try to process it. It is very unsettling and disturbing if you allow yourself to think about it.

I can't help but wonder how on earth Americans cope with the daily mass shootings and regular school shootings.

Do you just become numb to it?

I honestly feel like drinking myself into oblivion..I'm 50 and I wish I was 80 and not long left of this world..no to long ago I felt a bit upset I never had children, fast forward a few years I'm glad I didn't
I'm 11 years older than you and, due to underlying health issues, I doubt I'll see another 20 years. Which I'm relieved about.

I can’t see him being “radicalised” as there’s very few Muslims in Rwanda. He’s most probably a Christian (at least nominally). Doubtless an evil **** who doesn’t deserve to draw another breath. Probably despises the country he was born in and likely alienated and never integrated. I’m hoping we get the facts in due course.
It's just as likely that he's been radicalised by incel manosphere stuff given the target, but it's pure speculation at this point. We simply don't know.

I can’t see him being “radicalised” as there’s very few Muslims in Rwanda. He’s most probably a Christian (at least nominally). Doubtless an evil **** who doesn’t deserve to draw another breath. Probably despises the country he was born in and likely alienated and never integrated. I’m hoping we get the facts in due course.
But he's not in Rwanda and seemingly never was. He's here and appears to be born in Cardiff. There's nothing ruling out any possibility. I never said radicalised by Islam either, I just said radicalised, it could be by anything.

We're all just guessing anyway and may never even find out why he did it, other than him being an evil ****

Doesn't change anything pertaining to yesterday's appalling events but when I was a civil servant, I watched a virtual meeting involving the head of Ofsted, a chief constable, someone from the MoJ and someone else. The thing I remember from that was that there was often a linear pattern.
  • Social services would be involved with a problem family.
  • The education system could spot kids who were troublesome, and likely to remain so.
  • The local police would see kids who they knew were trouble.
  • Those kids would often end up in the justice system.
The earlier you intervene, the better chance you have of mitigating problems but if the kids have a family issue, that can be difficult if not impossible. There's a whole element of youth training/education/employment as well.

The other end of the process is when they're in the justice system, and there are opportunities to intervene and remediate. But it all requires joined-up thinking and adequate resources.

All valid points in terms of general youth violence / crime etc.

This is completely different. Let’s wait to find out, but this isn’t a case of a troublesome kid. It’s such an outlier of extreme violence it goes beyond education systems or police spotting a young lad up to no good.

The whole thing is so utterly sickening and so hard to comprehend it is perhaps not surprising that people who are not directly affected want to jump straight to the "how's and why's" in order to try to process it. It is very unsettling and disturbing if you allow yourself to think about it.

I can't help but wonder how on earth Americans cope with the daily mass shootings and regular school shootings.

Do you just become numb to it?
I think you do, there are these empaths who swear they feel the full pain of the whole world, and it's a lie, it has to be, cos if it isn't, they'd check out early, no doubt. 'Take no notice' that's what right thinking people should live by

Will there be a point where they name him?

Don't know the protocol for this sort of thing, especially when it concerns youth perpetrators

Thompson and Venables were named eventually, although they were referred to as A & B at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.