Southport | 9 year old girl confirmed as third victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there be a point where they name him?

Don't know the protocol for this sort of thing, especially when it concerns youth perpetrators

Thompson and Venables were named eventually, although they were referred to as A & B at the time.
Crimes as heinous as this usually get the ban lifted to name the person if they’re under 18.

And this is as heinous as it gets.

Doesn't change anything pertaining to yesterday's appalling events but when I was a civil servant, I watched a virtual meeting involving the head of Ofsted, a chief constable, someone from the MoJ and someone else. The thing I remember from that was that there was often a linear pattern.
  • Social services would be involved with a problem family.
  • The education system could spot kids who were troublesome, and likely to remain so.
  • The local police would see kids who they knew were trouble.
  • Those kids would often end up in the justice system.
The earlier you intervene, the better chance you have of mitigating problems but if the kids have a family issue, that can be difficult if not impossible. There's a whole element of youth training/education/employment as well.

The other end of the process is when they're in the justice system, and there are opportunities to intervene and remediate. But it all requires joined-up thinking and adequate resources.
Completely agree, in particular 'early intervention'.

Sadly I feel we are further away than ever in this country from actually having the will to address the real issues-its all about who makes the most noise, and who can enrage sections of society. Complex problems whittled down to a slogan or a tweet. Its grim.

Will there be a point where they name him?

Don't know the protocol for this sort of thing, especially when it concerns youth perpetrators

Thompson and Venables were named eventually, although they were referred to as A & B at the time.
When he turns 18 or when a judge allows it due to public interest. Whichever comes sooner tbh. Given the presumably little doubt we have about his innocence and major public interest aspects whichever comes sooner.

All valid points in terms of general youth violence / crime etc.

This is completely different. Let’s wait to find out, but this isn’t a case of a troublesome kid. It’s such an outlier of extreme violence it goes beyond education systems or police spotting a young lad up to no good.
.... and you know this....? How?

Those families. I can’t stop thinking about the families. How do you ever compute that and try to recover? It is just fucking awful.

I have a 6 year old and he regularly attends these types of summer classes, be it football, arts and crafts, some maths and English etc. My brain cannot comprehend the thought of something like this happening at any of the summer classes my son goes to. My heart is in pieces for these families.

As if it isn’t bad enough that so many children were attacked and two killed, by someone wielding a knife. What we or their families don’t need, is this tragedy to be highjacked for far right political motives. Ghouls feeding on heartbreak, that requires a certain type of utter loathsome ****. I actually found it too distressing to watch more of the reports last night. What the families and those other kids who witnessed it are going through, is beyond belief.

Have a bit of class, if you don’t possess class, pretend, or just keep you hate masquerading as concern to yourself. At the very least, go to a right wing racist group and knock yourselves out.

My heartfelt sympathy to all those poor children and their families.
We'll said mate.

Because murdering children goes beyond “troublesome”.
Fair enough but that is not how I read what you said.

Neither you or I know if he was troublesome, he may well have been a right bastard and problematic as a kid nd at school and that may have been dealt with, or or may not. But to say factually he was not troublesome is plain wrong in my opinion. Anyway lets not fall out over such a trivial matter at such an horrendous time. Peace.

I honestly feel like drinking myself into oblivion..I'm 50 and I wish I was 80 and not long left of this world..no to long ago I felt a bit upset I never had children, fast forward a few years I'm glad I didn't
I am 80 and believe me when I say my overall feeling is of being let down. Let down by successive governments of all colours and mixtures. They have ripped the working families off for years. They display their egoes and simply look after their families and friends

I can't find the words.

Fact is, this kid is 17. When I was 17 I knew some right rum twats. I might even have been one myself at times. But not one of us, not the biggest twat of all, would have harmed a little kid. When I was a little kid myself, my mate's big brother was a right dodgy sort. A Teddy boy. He might have given me a slap about the head if he thought I was being cheeky, but he was also protective. I well remember being 'sent home' by him when I was out on the street about 9 pm.

So I just can't get my head around this shit. The twat is either insane, in which case he'll be in 'hospital' probably forever. Or he isn't, in which case, at 17, he won't even get a full sentence. And for those nostalgic for the rope, back in the day, he wouldn't have been hanged either.

I have no answers. And I'm just glad I'm not PM or Home Secretary, for what you'd say to those parents without sounding like a trite bullshitter I can't think.

As for those trying to make political capital of this, in their own way, they are almost as big a twat as the twat himself. It's below contempt to try to stir trouble and maybe get other innocent people hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.