Southport | 9 year old girl confirmed as third victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
One question for everyone here who lives in the UK is - do you feel safe? As for about the last 10 years I certainly flipping don't and I can't see a solution that wouldn't either be called far right or far left.
In my local village yes for now in the bigger cities and towns absolutely no

How could a 17 year old lad,barely a kid himself, do this to defenceless little children? It's absolutely barbarism beyond words. This morning I got message from my daughter saying her, mum and sister were going to the beach. I didn't get told which one. When I heard this story in car at 3pm I was a very worried dad for half hour or so not knowing which beach they were at. My daughter called me back and I felt so relieved. Might sound a bit neurotic but I was very worried thinking what ifs. Fortunately they went somewhere other than the beach. If you've got kids, give them a huge kiss n cuddle tonight, there's at least 2 sets of parents in Southport who will never get that chance again. RIP angels.

Unfortunate that some are using this as a point scoring exercise for the own personal political views, especially without the facts being known.

The commentary here should be about those who have lost their lives and those who are hurt etc.

I have to be honest, events like this give me extreme social anxiety. I’ve got two young children and I’m on edge when we’re in public places. I also worry about them at nursery because of nutters like this. Even reading about the idiots on the roads makes me concerned about the car journeys on days out. The missus thinks I worry too much but it’s hard not to when you just want to protect your children.
I'm the same mate. It heightens my anxiety 10 fold, you literally drive yourself mad thinking out scenarios and imagining it's coming to you.
Hate stuff like this. I remember the time of Madeline McCann going missing, we was due to go on holiday but I didn't want to go, I was sure something was going to happen.

My mental state today is on the floor, it's been a beautiful day, full of sunshine yet all I've wanted to do is cry.

How could a 17 year old lad,barely a kid himself, do this to defenceless little children? It's absolutely barbarism beyond words. This morning I got message from my daughter saying her, mum and sister were going to the beach. I didn't get told which one. When I heard this story in car at 3pm I was a very worried dad for half hour or so not knowing which beach they were at. My daughter called me back and I felt so relieved. Might sound a bit neurotic but I was very worried thinking what ifs. Fortunately they went somewhere other than the beach. If you've got kids, give them a huge kiss n cuddle tonight, there's at least 2 sets of parents in Southport who will never get that chance again. RIP angels.
Too right, RIP, sad beyond words.

How many people have been affected? Not just the parents but everyone who knows these poor youngsters. It is a tragedy that hopefully very few of us will ever get to experience

Not just those that know them too, at times like this I think primarily of those closest to them but then anyone in public services dealing with the situation, be it the police or the paramedics, nurses and doctors. Anyone close to an incident like this, I am in complete awe of them and hope they get the support they need too.

Truly devastating.

Not just those that know them too, at times like this I think primarily of those closest to them but then anyone in public services dealing with the situation, be it the police or the paramedics, nurses and doctors. Anyone close to an incident like this, I am in complete awe of them and hope they get the support they need too.

Truly devastating.

unbelievable they are, what those paramedics would have arrived too today, they genuinely cannot get enough praise and credit for what they do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.