Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's only Rodri that may get into that team.

Personally I think he's better than Busquets as a player, but may not get the credit Busquets does for spain, mostly because they probably won't reach the same levels as a team.

But you could stick Rodri in that Spanish side and they wouldn't miss a beat. The rest of the current team would be bench warmers at best.

That's why I say "unbelievable" is a major exaggeration. They're certainly good though.

You say that because you are a City fan.

Busquets is better than Rodri.

But I say Rodri and Lamine are the only ones who could play with Spain 2010.

De La Fuente said yesterday "I only sleep 4 hours every day in this Euro. We work from 9 to 4 (19 hours). We don't rest here".

Hunger and desire are fucking important.

Everything in life is like that. If you put in 100% and become obsessed, you improve until you triple your potential.

When Pep started in 2008 in Barcelona, he became bald in three months. Their best friends and family asked him to leave Barça. They feared for his health and understood that their sacrifice was a danger for Pep. They couldn't convince him.

Here is what is happening. Spanish footballers are playing better in Germany than in their clubs, because they are very motivated.

Are they "unbelievably good" ?

They've been winning games by a 1 goal margin and clinging on when they've played anyone half decent.

Don't get me wrong, they play some nice football and will rightly be favourites. I just don't think they're an "unbelievable" team overall. They're just a good side in a tournament where the big name teams haven't looked as attractive and I think it's skewing people's perception

I don't think they're some formidable team, although they do have a certain formidable midfielder.

They're most definitely not unbelievably good. But they did beat Italy, Germany, France. They have been the best team in the tournament, by some distance (not saying an awful lot, in truth). They have a couple of very fast young wingers who play with the fearlessness of the young. They have the world's best midfield general. They have nothing much up top, in my opinion (I do not rate Morata, and if Southgate were prepared to simply trust the men in form, and not the man who he considers to be an England institution, and who has been producing the sweet sum of fuck all, apart from a well-taken penalty, we'd have considerably more fire power up top). Above all, Spain have a plan, and they play as a team at a good rhythm to get the ball forward into danger areas. England were doing that exact same thing for the first time in the tournament, in the first half against the Netherlands. If Spain will let them do it, and they may do, because they were playing a very high line indeed against France, then England have a chance. I think we've seen Spain at their best, and they'll probably maintain that. England have been improving. Slowly.
England have a decent chance, but I expect Spain to win. As the Spanish women did against the English women, incidentally. In the end, superior technique told.

As someone who watched a lot of both, I respectfully disagree. Rodri is the more complete DM and influences the game more imo. And is miles ahead in terms of finishing and end product. If I had to pick one to build a team around I'm going Rodri 100 times out of 100.

Busquets was the greatest DM of his generation but I think he benefitted greatly from having prime Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, and David Villa in the team. Rodri on the other-hand quite literally runs our entire midfield. There's levels to this.

But I say Rodri and Lamine are the only ones who could play with Spain 2010.

De La Fuente said yesterday "I only sleep 4 hours every day in this Euro. We work from 9 to 4 (19 hours). We don't rest here".

Hunger and desire are fucking important.

Everything in life is like that. If you put in 100% and become obsessed, you improve until you triple your potential.

When Pep started in 2008 in Barcelona, he became bald in three months. Their best friends and family asked him to leave Barça. They feared for his health and understood that their sacrifice was a danger for Pep. They couldn't convince him.

Here is what is happening. Spanish footballers are playing better in Germany than in their clubs, because they are very motivated.
Come on guys Rhodri isn't that good. Mainoo is better than Rhodri. Just ask the BBC.1000007190.png

As someone who watched a lot of both, I respectfully disagree. Rodri is the more complete DM and influences the game more imo. And is miles ahead in terms of finishing and end product. If I had to pick one to build a team around I'm going Rodri 100 times out of 100.

Busquets was the greatest DM of his generation but I think he benefitted greatly from having prime Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, and David Villa in the team. Rodri on the other-hand quite literally runs our entire midfield. There's levels to this.

I think your perception is influenced because of Rodri scored the most important goal in City history.

Also re Rodri, might be a good chance he starts angling for a move to Real Madrid based on this - you may need to do auto translate on Google

Isn't that the Spanish version of the Metro though?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.