Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Marca is a leading Spanish sports publication but is very biased towards Real Madrid. It's the Spanish equivalent of Gazzetta Dello Sport or l'Equipe.

Looking at comments on there what is odd is that quite a few Real Madrid fans want England to win so Bellingham can get the Ballon D'Or (and they really don't want the Barca players to do well). Seems a lot more tribal there than the rivalries in the UK - obviously there's a political angle to it in Spain.

Football is mad, that's why I like it because it's male gossip :)

And SOME females naturally (I don't want lynching)

I think Spain are strong favourites, but remember France were rubbish going forward throughout the tournament and Spain only beat them 2-1. If we can play like we did in the first half and convert chances, who knows?

I think England have a good chance of winning this as Spain lack decent strikers and may struggle to convert chances. Ferran Torres would not be anywhere near the England squad if he was English.
If Spain do win it will be because of their talent in midfield.

I think Spain are strong favourites, but remember France were rubbish going forward throughout the tournament and Spain only beat them 2-1. If we can play like we did in the first half and convert chances, who knows?

It's really really thin though, it's that thin it's pretty much 50-50 although granted the Spanish haven't got the Kane/Bellingham love in which gives England less of a chance.

I've no idea how this game is going to go. We've been extremely fortunate to get to this stage but a final is usually a bit of a coin flip of a game and we have more than a good chance to win this game.

Spain are good but not amazing and the bookies had them at 8/1 pre tournament (5th favourite).

One thing is for sure. We're going to see all the dickhead antics of Dani Carvajal all over again like we did in our Champions league quarter final.

I think your perception is influenced because of Rodri scored the most important goal in City history.
Rodri did not score the most important goal in City history.

He scored one of the most important goals in our history.

And I have spent my entire life watching English and Spanish football, and I would say Rodri is as good as Busquets was in his prime, if not actually slightly better.

Has Rodri achieved the same level of success as Busquets thus far? Not quite.

But Rodri has only just turned 28, and his game has never been based on pace, so he could play at this level for another 5 years (or more, the way he takes care of himself), giving him another crack at both the WC and Euros, as well as many more club trophies.

And, if the voters could get their heads out of their arses, a Ballon d’Or.

Foden and Saka will be key to England. If Spain have any sense they'll have observed how Saka tormented Cucurella when Arsenal spanked Chelsea 5-0 a couple of months ago. It was more Bukkake Saka than Bukayo Saka.

So Spain either double up on Saka from the start, meaning Foden gets more space, or they don't double up on him, Saka murders Cucurella again and Spain double up on him mid-match and Foden gets space.

I'd like to see Foden play passes quicker and take shots faster - just take a crack at goal, he's got form for scoring screamers.

Obviously Spain have Rodri who is a fearsome opponent, but Rodri won't have a fellow midfield enforcer in the Spain team unlike at City where they put Kovacic in alongside Rodri for the tougher matches. And Mainoo essentially ended the 'Rodri myth' by scoring the goal that ended Rodri's long unbeaten run in a City shirt.

It's a 50/50 game for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.