Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pickford is a great keeper but his distribution is very poor. It only takes a few games watch City to understand why Pep feels this is so important. Hoof the ball to Spain, they have the possession, this is minutes and opportunities lost to score for us. They turn possession into attack, gain corners, have more chances to score. We have no possession. They din't score - Pickford gives it back to them. Repeat possession and chances for them - lost minutes for us. We've wasted a lot of time giving them possession from Keeper.

This is the managers responsibility to tell him this is not your strength, pass it to a Def- Def to Mid - more possession for us - less chances for them - leads to attack from Mid - more chances to score. It's simple stuff but I feel watching City every week makes this stuff seem simple.

He gave the initiative right back to Spain after the equaliser. They were reeling, and the thing they needed was a breather and a chance to pass the ball around and regain confidence. Watching it, reminded me why there is so much emphasis these days on having a goalkeeper who can play out from the back.

I’m in Maine and the locals have absolutely no idea there was even football on.
For the most part tonight, I'm not sure there was much football either.

It was quite amusing in the bar I watched when England equalised, the sudden increase in tension of the staff and customers, however I never had any doubt about the outcome.

Sat on our roof terrace now, the horns are still going, the odd firework, but Spain weren't great tonight, they just beat a quite shite england, who'd largely been shite for 4 weeks, and fluked it to a final.

I am scared of going to bed, I'll have nightmares of Pickford launching a long ball to nobody like 22 times and his manager standing on the side doing nothing about it. I need to unsee that shit somehow!
Launching it to the big man upfront will never win a tournament.
In a side note I thought Laporte outstanding as was Ruiz, Williams and Olmo. Even when we equalized they weren’t ruffled one bit they just got back to their beautiful football.

Every time England turned up they scored. Never, never in my lifetime have I seen a football team that were being told to not play to their strengths til a goal down, then have a go and score only to fall back again. It worked too often, not with Spain though, gladly I must say.

Anyway, I didn't see England in the semifinals tbh, it was a very efficient ride. Although I think millions of European football fans would have liked to see a pressing Arsenal style England with too much physicality for most opponents. You missed a huge chance! If you have a coach with more corones one day you could be a joy to watch and a real title contender.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.