Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Took the knee in England
Took the cock/money in Qatar
Took the piss in Germany

The guy is an overrated mid level player. A lot of the England team are, tbf.
Agree about Rice, but I think we have the players to win, just not the right manager to lead them.

The only thing that puzzles me is it seems like Southgate is the only man to think he's the right man for the job. Nobody else does, apart from his bosses at the FA.

Not taking Jack because he didn’t have a great season makes no sense when he has taken Jordan Henderson to lots of tournaments and he’s never even had a good game.
Jack couldn't have been any less effective than Bellend, and would have had a point to prove.

If that's what matters then we should call up Mo Farah.

Rice is a trier, no doubt, but he's got no real quality to run a game.
I refer to the point I made about Foden. Based on how he did at the Euros he's also 'average' yet you and I both know that is not the case at all. If you are forced to play tactically with one arm tied behind your back you don't get the best version. The Rice at Arsenal and the Foden at City are the true versions of themselves.

I'm not having that Southgate is a lovely bloke. The man has a fragile ego, he's stubborn and a hypocrite.

He's a fraud that can't influence a game. 8 years on and there is no plan, no clear idea of what this England team's identity is.

Listen to Sid Lowe talk about de la Fuente's impact on Spain (see the Rest is Football podcast) and compare that to how English football journalists talk about Southgate. One knows what he is doing and has a clear plan, the other is a Nice but Dim-type character that operates on vibes.

The worst thing for England was that run to the semi-final in 2018. It gave the appearance to some that Southgate knew what he was doing when reality was he didn't, we just had a very kind draw. Kind draws kept happening for him.

Get him in the bin!

I refer to the point I made about Foden. Based on how he did at the Euros he's also 'average' yet you and I both know that is not the case at all. If you are forced to play tactically with one arm tied behind your back you don't get the best version. The Rice at Arsenal and the Foden at City are the true versions of themselves.

I'm not basing it on this euros.

Rice is a hard worker and a fairly basic player with the at his feet. I didn't just come to that conclusion this month.

Rice is a good holding midfielder, Fodens world class neither have had the best of tournaments, hard to pin it on the manager even if he ain’t the best. I for one fully enjoyed our run.

Not taking Jack because he didn’t have a great season makes no sense when he has taken Jordan Henderson to lots of tournaments and he’s never even had a good game.
Still maintain the more city players the better for England pushing that winning mindset unfortunately Southgate regardless what he’s achieved getting too 2 euros finals is part of the problem along with a number of players used to failure or not expecting to win ..

Harry Kane will release an autobiography in a few years, probably called something like "Look What I Could've Won," and there'll be a chapter in it titled, "That Time I Turned Up at Euro 24 Completely Unfucking Fit."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.