Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Watching the Wimbledon men’s final, Alcaraz just took Djokovic in straight sets, 6-2, 6-2, 7-6. The Spanish upstart manhandled the Serbian great, who put everything he had left in to the final set, but couldn’t turn it around.

Now, there are a number of possible causes, including Djokovic’s age, recent injuries, and just being generally on the other side of his performance potential curve now, coming up against the new global phenom in Alcaraz (who himself is coming off his triumph at Roland-Garros).

But some of it is also likely down to the very easy run to the final Djokovic had, compared to Alcaraz’s fairly difficult run, due to the unbalanced seeding and bracket at this year’s tournament. As @Black&White&BlueMoon Town pointed out in the Wimbledon thread, Djokovic rolled through to perhaps a level he wasn’t really prepared for.

And I wonder if we’ll see a similar consequence in this Euros final tonight?

Or will it be a case of an underperforming heavyweight just coming in to form at the right time?

Watching the Wimbledon men’s final, Alcaraz just took Djokovic in straight sets, 6-2, 6-2, 7-6. The Spanish upstart manhandled the Serbian great, who put everything he had left in to the final set, but couldn’t turn it around.

Now, there are a number of possible causes, including Djokovic’s age, recent injuries, and just being generally on the other side of his performance potential curve now, coming up against the new global phenom in Alcaraz (who himself is coming off his triumph at Roland-Garros).

But some of it is also likely down to the very easy run to the final Djokovic had, compared to Alcaraz’s fairly difficult run, due to the unbalanced seeding and bracket at this year’s tournament. As @Black&White&BlueMoon Town pointed out in the Wimbledon thread, Djokovic rolled through to perhaps a level he wasn’t really prepared for.

And I wonder if we’ll see a similar consequence in this Euros final tonight?

Or will it be a case of an underperforming heavyweight just coming in to form at the right time?
I too am hoping for the latter scenario.

While I was glad to see Germany, Portugal, Spain, Belgium, and (2nd place group stage) France on one side of the draw, I do think England has been playing better since the group draw. As all know here - they had to in order to reach this stage. Maybe something has clicked since the amazing Slovakia finish.

And there's a bit more variability in football outcomes than tennis (an individual game).

I'm also hoping Phil can finally get his tonight - he deserves it after the last match of great chances and attacking attempts.

Last edited:
No doubt

I was talking about Rice and Mainoo, who are compared to Rodri, which I find insulting

Phil is one of the most gifted players in the game.

As for Palmer, he's got a great fearless approach to the game on the pitch and I think he'll be a top player. I won't say he his yet off the back of one good season, his ability and mentality look to be spot on.
Ok. I've got a lot of time for Rice. And bit for mainoo..
Rice has proved it root and branch game in game out central midfield he is a player. Mainoo.ive not seen him enough ,cos I can't stand watching them play...but I just don't see the need for the two of them in the England team. If you are going for a passing fluid game why have two destroyers..Southgate as a .player was essentially a destroyer. A very good one.in his time. But you don't need two....or do you?

Goimgvback to Palmer. He has proved throughout his City academy career he has the mental toughness to over come anything.
Being a utd fan with a utd Dad...but completely destroying utd for City is no mean feat..it shows bollocks. The ability to apply top notch skills to a difficult situation...
I still say again and again, his first Champions league goal
,for us, away,..Palmer as a sub, came on away from home , and within minutes had placed a Dead right shot to goal from 20 yards, in a spot that the keeper could not reach .outstanding.
I just think that throughout his career he has shown he can handle anything ...to be an unused sub at City 67 times, then tell the manager .the best coach in the world ,I'm leaving ..to move from Manchester to West London, into a patchwork team and be 2nd top league goal scorer..wow. just wow.

Well see how they go tonight .if selected.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.