Sparta Praha (H) - Wed 23rd Oct, 20:00 | CL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
All these injuries. Looking like a few season ticket holders need to get in shape on the off chance we're needed this season...

Looking like a few season ticket holders need to get in shape on the off chance we're needed this season...
The thing is, every time the club put season ticket prices up, the more of them pull out of the Cup Schemes.

They are bloody stupid over ticketing our club (all clubs!). Our fanbase needs some stability with ticket pricing for a few years, we are losing far too many season ticket holders and far too many are pulling out of Cup Schemes.

I'd expect us to dominate the game and I'd hope Lewis/Gvardiol/Akanji could step in and beef up the middle personally. It's also a good test for them, which I think Nunes and McAtee need to prove themselves. I don't think Pep will pick it, because he seems to regard Nunes as a more attacking player but I personally think he's better as a box to box player and playing a deeper role and I'd like to see McAtee being given the responsibility of playing in a midfield three in a game like this.

Just on how Sparta play, I've only seen highlights of their CL games so far but they seem to defend quite deep and play on the counter and target set pieces. They've had under 30% possession in both CL games so far so considering who they've played they'll be happy to sit in and let us have the ball. Which is why I'd quite like a more creative midfield and Nunes' pace to deal with any counter attacks.

Hope you're right. I also don't think Pep will pick those two. They're both good on the ball, but he's not going to not pick Gundo or Kova (or both) in a European match of any kind, if only on experience grounds. Not in a key area like midfield.
I'd like to see the Nunes/McAtee combination, I just don't know in which competition it could be envisaged. Maybe Carabao? In any PL game I think they'd be kicked to shit. As Rico tends to be, I notice.

Shameful plug.....

The new session of the guess the team compy begins with this game.

If you think you can get into Peps head come on over.

New players always welcome.

Enter here:

Rules & regs here:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.