Sparta Praha (H) - Wed 23rd Oct, 20:00 | CL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Hope you're right. I also don't think Pep will pick those two. They're both good on the ball, but he's not going to not pick Gundo or Kova (or both) in a European match of any kind, if only on experience grounds. Not in a key area like midfield.
I'd like to see the Nunes/McAtee combination, I just don't know in which competition it could be envisaged. Maybe Carabao? In any PL game I think they'd be kicked to shit. As Rico tends to be, I notice.

I see this CL competition as a great way of being a bit more experimental and to try and find the balance between testing systems/tactics, resting and rotating players and obviously winning the game. Gundo hasn't been good enough. Kovacic we know what we're getting. But we need everyone to feel like they're under threat to keep them pushing their standards. The CL is a competition that usually has a lot lower benchmark for a free kick, I think that's why someone like Jesus was always a lot better than in the PL. Nunes can play a role for us in the CL without a doubt with his energy and quality, and the questions over his physicality shouldn't be an issue in this competition.

What I'd do and what Pep will do are quite different - and quite rightly I'd say! He'll probably combine Kovacic and Nunes behind Foden and maybe bring McAtee on again as per Bratislava.

I see this CL competition as a great way of being a bit more experimental and to try and find the balance between testing systems/tactics, resting and rotating players and obviously winning the game. Gundo hasn't been good enough. Kovacic we know what we're getting. But we need everyone to feel like they're under threat to keep them pushing their standards. The CL is a competition that usually has a lot lower benchmark for a free kick, I think that's why someone like Jesus was always a lot better than in the PL. Nunes can play a role for us in the CL without a doubt with his energy and quality, and the questions over his physicality shouldn't be an issue in this competition.

What I'd do and what Pep will do are quite different - and quite rightly I'd say! He'll probably combine Kovacic and Nunes behind Foden and maybe bring McAtee on again as per Bratislava.
Nunes, McAtee have to be in tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.