Special one not coming then

80s Shorts said:
In fairness I would be worried about the running of the club if they did not have certain assurances before disposing of the current managers services. Unless he was a disaster.

Mancini obviously is not.

Sparky, last season - 8 draws in a row. Lost only 2 games against Man Utd and Spurs before the sack. Adopted aggressive football, but defenders failed him.

Mancini, this season - about the same period as Sparky's reign last season, got less points and lost more games than Sparky. Adopted negative tactics, the team played lamely against strong teams.

Mancini is better than Sparky? Don't think so.

leonoon said:
80s Shorts said:
In fairness I would be worried about the running of the club if they did not have certain assurances before disposing of the current managers services. Unless he was a disaster.

Sparky, last season - 8 draws in a row. Lost only 2 games against Man Utd and Spurs before the sack. Adopted aggressive football, but defenders failed him.

Mancini, this season - about the same period as Sparky's reign last season, got less points and lost more games than Sparky. Adopted negative tactics, the team played lamely against strong teams.

Hmm... suspicion rising...

leonoon said:
80s Shorts said:

Sparky has a cupboard full of Trophies?

Hire his protoge, Villas Boas. The guy still hasn't lost in the Portuguese Liga, plays attractive football, and looks good in the Europa League. He's 33 and undefeated.

Where are we going to find someone else like that? Jose doesn't want to come. Hiddink is Roman's man.

waspish said:
Sparky has a cupboard full of Trophies?

Obviously, no.

But Mancini's trophies only resides in Italy. LOL.

But stats and records don't lie. Mancini is not better than Sparky. In England of course.

Sparky has to start somewhere. But "certain executives" didn't give him enough time. Some players like Bellamy and Tevez really like Sparky. Tevez said Sparky should have been given more time. Tevez has decided to quit after Sparky got the sack (and Bellamy got the boot). Thus the transfer request. Thus the broken promise (Sacking of Sparky I guess).

Thus the whole story.

leonoon said:
Bigga said:
That's absolute slander with no proof.

I'd be careful where you tread, concerning that.

Oh, I'm so scared about slander. Sue me then. LOL.

Of course I have no proof. But some players didn't like this. Sparky was deeply upset about this. And IMMEDIATE announcement of Mancini appointment just right after sacking of Sparky told you something. Ethical huh?

'Sp**ky'?? Shows where your obvious loyalties lie.

I suggest that 'Sp**ky' was sacked BEFORE any such formal meeting, but just acted like he 'never knew'. The events certainly play out like that. However, any such hiring of Mancini would been done formally, moments after the official sacking, most likely. Whether meetings were held during Mr Hughes' tenure is neither here nor there and was not illegal or 'unethical'.

So, your Beloved had already gone, leaving events to be done 'ethically'.

NewbBlue said:
Hire his protoge, Villas Boas. The guy still hasn't lost in the Portuguese Liga, plays attractive football, and looks good in the Europa League. He's 33 and undefeated.

Where are we going to find someone else like that? Jose doesn't want to come. Hiddink is Roman's man.

This guy Villas Boas is "special". Risky to hire, as too young, but good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.