Spiders

Actually as one who lives in OZ the biggest concern would be the funnel web and red back spiders can be lethal, and which I find a few each year in my garden and you have careful around, the Huntsmen are a doddle compare to the red back or Funnel web............
I used to live on a couple of acres in Brisbane and regularly had Huntsmen in my shed, and the odd one in the house, I used to see the odd Redback until the Gekko's moved in and ate them all, never saw a Funnel Web, I believe they are more in Sydney. I didnt mind the Huntsmen, fascinating things that travel up to 3 kilometres a night, hunting.

I now live in an apartment high up and in 2 years have never seen a spider of any kind. In fact did you know that things like Flies and Mosquitoes dont go above the 10th floor, so we dont get them either, which is great if your eating on the balcony.

I used to live on a couple of acres in Brisbane and regularly had Huntsmen in my shed, and the odd one in the house, I used to see the odd Redback until the Gekko's moved in and ate them all, never saw a Funnel Web, I believe they are more in Sydney. I didnt mind the Huntsmen, fascinating things that travel up to 3 kilometres a night, hunting.

I now live in an apartment high up and in 2 years have never seen a spider of any kind. In fact did you know that things like Flies and Mosquitoes dont go above the 10th floor, so we dont get them either, which is great if your eating on the balcony.

I never kill spiders this house is a spider frienly zone. But I would be hitting them with everything in Oz, you can't be too careful.

Stay at friends in Bournemouth every year and there has been false widows in fair numbers for a few years there now. Found about half a dozen in the garden without really searching to hard couple of weeks back. I have seen one up here...well Nantwich but ffs dont tell the Mrs or we will have to move to Scotland.

Fantastic creatures, of which over here at least there is nothing to fear. If it wasn’t for spiders we’d be overrun with all manner of pests. I don’t know what it is that makes people fear them. My sister has full on arachnophobia to the point she physically shakes. Is it the randomness of their movement? The legs? Colour? What is it?

Fantastic creatures, of which over here at least there is nothing to fear. If it wasn’t for spiders we’d be overrun with all manner of pests. I don’t know what it is that makes people fear them. My sister has full on arachnophobia to the point she physically shakes. Is it the randomness of their movement? The legs? Colour? What is it?
Its cos they are horrible hairy little fuckers, oh no wait, that's Bimbo aint it.

Had two particularly bad bites from what we think where sac spiders when i was in South Africa.

Ulcerating tissue around the bite, felt like shit and 2 weeks worth of strong antibiotics each time.

Fuckers!

Interesting fact about Spiders.....every year in the colder months Spiders usually do away with about 90% of hibernating queeen wasps, so without our 8 legged allies we would have the most incredible plagues of wasps every summer, so next time your enjoying a pint in a sunny beer garden raise a glass to the spiders.

Hail to our spider allies. When I was in India staying I had two big beauties in my bathroom throughout my stay. The caught many mossies and also devoured some I had caught as homage to them.

Spiders eat stuff you don’t want in your house. If you see a big one think of the stuff it is eating and what your house would be like without them.

They are our allies, treat them with respect.

I don't mind them in the house 'cos they kill the true enemy (flies) but I wish they could read. I'd love to just let them know that they are more than welcome to share the premises but if they come within stomping distance ... BAM!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.