Spiegel: Leaked European Super League information

http://spon.de/aflOR

A document was attached to the email -- the draft of a 13-page "binding term sheet" of 11 European top clubs for the establishment of a Super League. If everything proceeds in accordance with the "binding term sheet," the Champions League will cease to exist as of 2021. Instead, the continent's 11 most important clubs will break away from UEFA and found a new elite class called the "European Super League." The 11 "founders" would not be at risk of relegation and would be guaranteed membership for 20 years. Another five clubs will be included as "initial guests," so that the new league would consist of 16 teams.

The project, the document states, is subject to the utmost secrecy. According to the draft, the date for the signature of the 16 club representatives under the "binding term sheet" is set for November 2018, but the specific day has been kept open.

The 11 clubs listed as "founders" of the European Super League -- the ones that would apparently not face relegation -- are Real Madrid, FC Barcelona, Manchester United, Juventus Turin, FC Chelsea, FC Arsenal, Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester City, FC Liverpool, AC Milan -- and Bayern Munich. All seven clubs in the secret society are represented. The five "initial guests," according to the document, would be Atlético Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Olympique Marseille, Inter Milan and AS Roma.

More at the link

I'm sure the disciples of the cults, rag and dipper , will be creaming themselves at the thought of this , whereas most supporters will show their disdain for such a set-up.

If people are cold about the CL, how the fuck are they supposed to be interested in this shit show ?

Will be about as serious as a Harlem Globe Trotters gig.

I have no problem with us being one of the 11 as it gives us inside knowledge about what the other ****s are up to.

It would be nice, though, if we fucked it over for example by helping FIFA and our friend Infantino form a world club competition with more prize money.

I have no real objection to a ‘super’ league except for the bit of inviting teams that can’t be relegated for 20 years. Half the teams in that list are has been trying to be relevant.

we were talking about a super league the other day.
I thought 20 teams would be involved. the first question is when would games be played? if they were over the weekend football in this country as we know it would collapse. the the Villa's, Watfords and so would just crumble. League 1 and 2 definitely will.

STOP THIS RIGHT NOW.

What a load of shite.

Well I can see half empty stadium and even less interest than the champs league gets.

I won't bother with it, half the games will probably be played all over the world anyway.

The 11 most important c!ubs eh?

Liverpool - not won league for 28 years.

arsenal - not won league for 15 years.

a.c. Milan - well erm..... a.c milan.

Got wum written all over it.
Just missing Spurs who last won the league in 61? We’ve won it 4 times since then!!

Will this be the new PL of Europe? Will be the nail in the coffin for me. I am not a huge fan of the CL as it is and I just wouldn't be arssed going to any of these.

Probably got everything to do with certain teams not getting everything their own way in their respective leagues, Bayern, rags, Milan, Real to name just a few.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.