Splitting the Bill

Wow, I've not lived.

Not been a thing since my student days, and even then would rather err on the side of generous.
Usually split it between couples if just a normal night out. Special occasions, usually picked up by the persons partner or if a joint celebration, by the guests.

See there are a few Tommys in here.
Hahhaaaaaaaa love your last sentence.

Think I’ve paid pretty much every bill whenever out in company. Must be why I’m so popular.

Don't you live in Tenerife mate where it's 15 quid to feed a party of 4 with drinks? ;-)

If we go out with friends we tend to pay alternately. Happy when it’s my turn as I don’t mind ordering what ever I fancy which is usually a nice steak . When it’s someone else's turn or we split the bill I always revert to one of the cheaper meals such as pie and chips. If it was pay for what I had eaten it is a bit of a pet hate having to ask for the menu back from the waiter. Particularly uncomfortable when the other side doesn’t want to tip or leaves pence, I just cover the tip for the whole meal in those cases.

Sound a right pair of freeloaders.
Next time you get the bill add up what they had then tell them to put their cost on the table. Obviously do the same with everyone and I bet next time they don't order the most expensive dish.

I go on an ex works do twice a year, in July where the wives are allowed and december which is just the guys.

Its always in the same Indian restaurant, and the organiser sends out the menu 2 months or so in advance.

We then choose what we want and email him back, but there's no king Prawn or other expensive stuff.

We get a couple of poppadoms with all the chutneys, a mixed started and main meal of Chicken incl Tikka and Lamb incl Tikka, with all the various curries like Madras, Korma etc, plus a choice of bread garlic or plain nan.

It's cost us £20 a head for ages but has just gone up to £25 but it includes a fiver tip, which we pay to the organiser before the event.

So on the night all I have to pay for are drinks which we pay individually as they are ordered and arrive at the table.

We've been doing it this way for ever and it works a treat. I always try to book a hotel for both do's so there's no worries driving home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.