Splitting the Bill

I've noticed this seems to be a gender issue.

Most women seem to like to pay for exactly what they've had. I've seen two old dears working out the exact split for a bill of £15-£20. Blokes, by and large, can't be arsed.

I've noticed this seems to be a gender issue.

Most women seem to like to pay for exactly what they've had. I've seen two old dears working out the exact split for a bill of £15-£20. Blokes, by and large, can't be arsed.

blokes tend to have the most money so can afford to not be arsed.

Haha! How’s life treating you in 1970 mate?

Almost four out of five companies and public bodies are still paying men more than women (78.4%) although the median pay gap reduced slightly from the previous year to 9.1% in 2023-2024.

However, the gender pay gap remains stubbornly higher in the public sector at 14.4% with almost nine-in-10 (87.6%) public sector organisations paying men more than women in comparison to just over three-quarters of private companies.

Almost four out of five companies and public bodies are still paying men more than women (78.4%) although the median pay gap reduced slightly from the previous year to 9.1% in 2023-2024.

However, the gender pay gap remains stubbornly higher in the public sector at 14.4% with almost nine-in-10 (87.6%) public sector organisations paying men more than women in comparison to just over three-quarters of private companies.
I see far more groups of women out enjoying meals together than I do men strangely enough.
I’m sure most are doing just fine.

My biggest surprise is reading your reply and seeing you were actually serious, genuinely thought you were having a bit of fun. Fuckinell.

I see far more groups of women out enjoying meals together than I do men strangely enough.
I’m sure most are doing just fine.

My biggest surprise is reading your reply and seeing you were actually serious, genuinely thought you were having a bit of fun. Fuckinell.

DEADLY SERIOUS!

Separate issue but does my head in when you're splitting a bill six ways and everyone pulls out their card, just let one person pay it then send them a transfer rather than leave the waiter dicking around with the machine 6 times ffs.

The waiter is doing their job.

If its a first date I will pay, but if they make a point of wanting to pay half I don't argue. With a long term partner or friends it's split equally. No hair splitting about who had an extra drink or whatever.

More etiquette I follow if it is a partners birthday I'll pay and vice versa, if we go out for a friend's birthday we will all chip in to pay for the birthday boy/girl's meal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.