Splitting the Bill

long long time ago 10 of us went out for a meal and then on to a boxing match - meal plus tip came to £300 (it was the 80's) so everyone chucked in their 30 quid except for one guy who scooped up all the cash and then pulled out the credit card - fair enough, no bother except for the fact it was the company credit card and he intended to put it on expenses - needless to say we were none too pleased and made the fucker buy all the drinks for the rest of the night

Separate issue but does my head in when you're splitting a bill six ways and everyone pulls out their card, just let one person pay it then send them a transfer rather than leave the waiter dicking around with the machine 6 times ffs.

We always split the bill regardless of what people have ordered. Win some, lose some. It all works out in the end with pals.

When I do quite like something fancy (a steak of espresso martini), I will offer to chip in more to cover the cost.

TBH, if I am out with my mates, who cares if I did not have the fillet and someone else did, I have known my mates for so long that a £10er here or there is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Now if its a work's do, I will not split the bill as they are not my proper mates!

Separate issue but does my head in when you're splitting a bill six ways and everyone pulls out their card, just let one person pay it then send them a transfer rather than leave the waiter dicking around with the machine 6 times ffs.

No one wants to be that 1 person.

Suggest you have a kitty of say £50 per head There’s an option of not joining the kitty if you so wish and those people pay for their own stuff. It’s what we do on our annual cycling holiday.

Why not? I do it all the time. Gets you out the restaurant 15 Minutes quicker so you can go the pub

I don't have the £200/300 + to do that , plus the hassle of reminding people to pay there share.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.