Spoilt football fans

The problem with spoilt football fans is they always see the grass is greener elsewhere, at any time of Mancini's tenure numerous managers have been mentioned as being able to better than him at anyone time.

The most recent being Mourinho who was lauded as the greatest Manager ever last season after overhalling Gaurdiola's all conquering Barca.

This season not a peep about him because they are trailing Barca by double the amount we're trailing utd.

So... spoilt football fans what has happened to the great man manager, tactician that is Jose?

We've constantly inproved year on year under the Sheik a stutter season was inevitable i'm afraid. If we don't win the league then fair enough but my god will the pressure be high on Roberto next season with not only league expectations but strong champions league expectations as well.

Oohvonkyvonky said:
The problem with spoilt football fans is they always see the grass is greener elsewhere, at any time of Mancini's tenure numerous managers have been mentioned as being able to better than him at anyone time.

The most recent being Mourinho who was lauded as the greatest Manager ever last season after overhalling Gaurdiola's all conquering Barca.

This season not a peep about him because they are trailing Barca by double the amount we're trailing utd.

So... spoilt football fans what has happened to the great man manager, tactician that is Jose?
Have you not been on the Mancini or Mourinho thread. People still want him. Thankfully united haven't had the start Barca have or we would be embarrassed too. Lets not forget the 'the great man manager, tactician Jose' qualified from our group of the CL.

Oohvonkyvonky said:

Sooner or later we will get a new manager, those that have been most vocal in their hatred of the current incumbent will switch to being the new managers most vocal supporters, the very same thing happened with Hughes.

The trouble is rather than discuss the issues some people back themselves into a corner, their position becomes their life, so much so that when things go the opposite way they disappear from here, and return when it looks like they were right.

I just tend to support who is in the job, if the collective brains that run the club think he is the right man for the job, who am I to argue with them? That does not mean people can not criticise of course they can, I just wish people were consistent after all we support the same club and want the same things I hope

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Oohvonkyvonky said:

Have you not been on the Mancini or Mourinho thread. People still want him. Thankfully united haven't had the start Barca have or we would be embarrassed too. Lets not forget the 'the great man manager, tactician Jose' qualified from our group of the CL.

Yes they did in 2nd but that is because they are a much better team than us!!

However if we would have had the start Barca have had we would be out in front wouldn't we?!

Oohvonkyvonky said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Oohvonkyvonky said:

Yes they did in 2nd but that is because they are a much better team than us!!

However if we would have had the start Barca have had we would be out in front wouldn't we?!
Eh?

How does me saying thank god United haven't had the start Barca have had mean we would be out in front?

Ducado said:
Oohvonkyvonky said:

Sooner or later we will get a new manager, those that have been most vocal in their hatred of the current incumbent will switch to being the new managers most vocal supporters, the very same thing happened with Hughes.

The trouble is rather than discuss the issues some people back themselves into a corner, their position becomes their life, so much so that when things go the opposite way they disappear from here, and return when it looks like they were right.

I just tend to support who is in the job, if the collective brains that run the club think he is the right man for the job, who am I to argue with them? That does not mean people can not criticise of course they can, I just wish people were consistent after all we support the same club and want the same things I hope

Agreed, same here it gets me how much vitrolic criticism the Manager gets after a defeat mostly unfounded and worst of is EXACTLY the same as I hear from the red bastard supporters, who would love us to get rid of the Manager who out done Fergie in "Fergie Time"!!!

These fans should never forget how they felt that day... That is all!!

Ducado said:
Oohvonkyvonky said:

But they'll only be his greatest supporters while he (whoever he is) is...

Picking the team they think he should
Winning the games they think we should
Winning something every season (God forbid we should go a whole season without winning something !!)

And as soon as the new manager loses to, say, Sunderland away they will be booing him - just like they are with Mancini

Mark - TheBlue said:
We've constantly inproved year on year under the Sheik a stutter season was inevitable i'm afraid. If we don't win the league then fair enough but my god will the pressure be high on Roberto next season with not only league expectations but strong champions league expectations as well.
A couple of points.

We were never going to win something every year anyway, those thinking we would are detached from the reality that is football, so as you say a "stutter" was inevitable.

However if we don't win the league this year the only pressure on Roberto after May, will be when is he going to come out of retirement to start a new job in Italy, because he won't be here, the minimum requirement this year will be the title, especially given the poor showing in a very hard group in europe.

Finally we are by no means gauranteed to be in the champions league next year yet, taking that for granted would be folly, we have to earn it, like all "success", so the pressure on Roberto right now, could not be higher in my opinion.

its got nowt to do with being spoilt,we only want whats best for the club,alot of this reaction really has to do with utd coming back from 3.2 down yesterday i dont think there would be this kind of reaction had they lost or drew.frustraiting is all it is,sacking mancini isnt the right thing imo he has give us some of the best days of our lives all within 3 years,lets hope we get back to being clinical thats the main problem starting saturday.come on you blues

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.