Spoilt football fans

Danielmanc said:
Ducado said:
Oohvonkyvonky said:
The problem with spoilt football fans is they always see the grass is greener elsewhere, at any time of Mancini's tenure numerous managers have been mentioned as being able to better than him at anyone time.

The most recent being Mourinho who was lauded as the greatest Manager ever last season after overhalling Gaurdiola's all conquering Barca.

This season not a peep about him because they are trailing Barca by double the amount we're trailing utd.

So... spoilt football fans what has happened to the great man manager, tactician that is Jose?

Sooner or later we will get a new manager, those that have been most vocal in their hatred of the current incumbent will switch to being the new managers most vocal supporters, the very same thing happened with Hughes.

The trouble is rather than discuss the issues some people back themselves into a corner, their position becomes their life, so much so that when things go the opposite way they disappear from here, and return when it looks like they were right.

I just tend to support who is in the job, if the collective brains that run the club think he is the right man for the job, who am I to argue with them? That does not mean people can not criticise of course they can, I just wish people were consistent after all we support the same club and want the same things I hope

But they'll only be his greatest supporters while he (whoever he is) is...

Picking the team they think he should
Winning the games they think we should
Winning something every season (God forbid we should go a whole season without winning something !!)

And as soon as the new manager loses to, say, Sunderland away they will be booing him - just like they are with Mancini

Not true, they will stick by him in a total reversal of their previous position, it's nothing whatsoever to do with City it's purely ego driven the need to be right and be seen as right is more important. I will wager if the current incumbent went on to win the PL again this year, they still would not give him any credit, no matter what he does they can never support him or praise him because they would have to admit they were wrong, and to be seen as wrong is a fate worse than death (in their eyes) although most of us would think fair enough

Ducado said:
Danielmanc said:
Ducado said:
Sooner or later we will get a new manager, those that have been most vocal in their hatred of the current incumbent will switch to being the new managers most vocal supporters, the very same thing happened with Hughes.

The trouble is rather than discuss the issues some people back themselves into a corner, their position becomes their life, so much so that when things go the opposite way they disappear from here, and return when it looks like they were right.

I just tend to support who is in the job, if the collective brains that run the club think he is the right man for the job, who am I to argue with them? That does not mean people can not criticise of course they can, I just wish people were consistent after all we support the same club and want the same things I hope

But they'll only be his greatest supporters while he (whoever he is) is...

Picking the team they think he should
Winning the games they think we should
Winning something every season (God forbid we should go a whole season without winning something !!)

And as soon as the new manager loses to, say, Sunderland away they will be booing him - just like they are with Mancini

Not true, they will stick by him in a total reversal of their previous position, it's nothing whatsoever to do with City it's purely ego driven the need to be right and be seen as right is more important. I will wager if the current incumbent went on to win the PL again this year, they still would not give him any credit, no matter what he does they can never support him or praise him because they would have to admit they were wrong, and to be seen as wrong is a fate worse than death (in their eyes) although most of us would think fair enough

I guess you may well be right Ducado. Each time we lose / draw a game the same old suspects are on here with the same old dreary drivel. When we win a game and / or play well, those same people are glaringly absent.

im sorry but it is about winning, we now should go into every season to win the prem and a cup, i know we carnt win every season but atleast have a fucking go instead of playing this kind of football, pass, pass, pass ,pass and going nowhere, we have 1 of the best teams in prem and we are playing shite

Ducado said:

That's a pathetic abortion of a post from someone like you. I expect it from some of the brain dead drongos who would get Forza Mancini tattooed on their foreheads if only they could spell it properly. But really ? You think grown intelligent men who have spent their lives supporting City up and down the country care more about arguing on the internet than they do about the club they support ?

Jesus wept ... I'm sorry I clicked on this thread. It was as I suspected ...

bluestevei said:
im sorry but it is about winning, we now should go into every season to win the prem and a cup, i know we carnt win every season but atleast have a fucking go instead of playing this kind of football, pass, pass, pass ,pass and going nowhere, we have 1 of the best teams in prem and we are playing shite
Finally someone talking a bit of sense. Winning is everything.

BillyShears said:
Ducado said:

That's a pathetic abortion of a post from someone like you. I expect it from some of the brain dead drongos who would get Forza Mancini tattooed on their foreheads if only they could spell it properly. But really ? You think grown intelligent men who have spent their lives supporting City up and down the country care more about arguing on the internet than they do about the club they support ?

The evidence is there for all to see Billy

BillyShears said:
Ducado said:

Well done Billy you've just proved Ducado and many others right. If they don't agree with you they are brain dead!!!

Brilliant and well thought out response.

Ducado said:

The most vocal and vociferous posters critical of Mancini are me, and Dids Dave, Tolmie, and in the past Prestwich Blue. Below that we are now seeing a groundswell with guys like Rammy Blue, De Niro, etc. To say we only post after a defeat is moronic in the extreme and bang out of order. To say we do so without ever giving Mancini any credit for anything is bullshit and a lie. To say we would blindly back the next guy simply because he isn't Mancini is also bullshit. To say we expect to win every game is also bullshit. In fact this thread for the most part is made up of bullshit posts about your fellow posters.<br /><br />-- Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:05 pm --<br /><br />
Oohvonkyvonky said:

Try coming up with a decent argument yourself, and you might get one in return. You carry on acting the fool and I'll treat you like one.

BillyShears said:
Ducado said:

The most vocal and vociferous posters critical of Mancini are me, and Dids Dave, Tolmie, and in the past Prestwich Blue. Below that we are now seeing a groundswell with guys like Rammy Blue, De Niro, etc. To say we only post after a defeat is moronic in the extreme and bang out of order. To say we do so without ever giving Mancini any credit for anything is bullshit and a lie. To say we would blindly back the next guy simply because he isn't Mancini is also bullshit. To say we expect to win every game is also bullshit. In fact this thread for the most part is made up of bullshit posts about your fellow posters.

-- Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:05 pm --

Oohvonkyvonky said:

Try coming up with a decent argument yourself, and you might get one in return. You carry on acting the fool and I'll treat you like one.

Where am I acting the fool by pulling you up on your warped impression of people who support the Manager? You did call them "brain dead" didn't you Billy??

Oohvonkyvonky said:
Where am I acting the fool by pulling you up on your warped impression of people who support the Manager? You did call them "brain dead" didn't you Billy??

Pretty much all your posts I've read today are the very definition of foolish. Here I'll pick one out at random from this thread:

Oohvonkyvonky said:
The problem with spoilt football fans is they always see the grass is greener elsewhere, at any time of Mancini's tenure numerous managers have been mentioned as being able to better than him at anyone time.

The most recent being Mourinho who was lauded as the greatest Manager ever last season after overhalling Gaurdiola's all conquering Barca.

This season not a peep about him because they are trailing Barca by double the amount we're trailing utd.

So... spoilt football fans what has happened to the great man manager, tactician that is Jose?

Mourinho has won the European Cup twice in the last decade. Has won the league in Spain, Italy, England, and Portugal. He is the most decorated manager of the last decade. His team knocked ours out of the CL.

Yet you're trying to mock him for trailing Barcelona in La Liga when we're trailing the rags by a similar margin.

Foolish in the extreme.

Oh and when I refer to brain dead drongos, I refer to those who think anyone who questions Mancini is a rag/chelsea supporter/doesn't remember the bad old days (delete as applicable). If you see yourself as one of them then so be it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.