Sporting v City: Post Match Discussion Thread

Was pretty shocked with how well they took silva out the game he barley had any space and they dealt well with Aguero as well. They set up well. With Milner on the right he was never going to create anything so there's one wing gone. Back to what we know with Balotelli upfront and see how they cope away from home.

Too many woefull performances,missed yaya,too slow build up and too predictable.We need to atack with more pace away from home or all the good work this season will be wasted. Looks like we are getting as negative away from home as we were last year.If this happens we can kiss goodbye to the league.
Balo must start every game till the end of the season because dzeko looks like a poor 2nd division striker

There is a light said:
I missed the first 10 minutes. How bad was Vinny's injury?

Someone please tell me it's not too bad.

He just pulled up from a standstill and signiilled to come off.

Which means we're being very precautinary or it's quite bad (a few weeks at least)

jimharri said:
redmizzle said:
Jumanji said:
Mancini's ego wouldn't let him him take off Dzeko earlier.

That said, in the home leg we will have Yaya and hopefully Edin won't play. I think we'll go through but believe that Sporting will park the bus hard as fuck.

I think he was more concerned about not knocking his confidence.
What confidence?

Fair question.

Woeful performance yet we still managed to create half a dozen gilt edged chances.

Hey ho, we'll stuff them at our place.

p.s. Dzeko is shite.

We will murder them come 2nd leg Mark my words. Gutted we never managed an away goal but I am convinced we will stuff them. No need for panic, just wished we would have kept the ball more in the last 3rd.

Coljj said:
I really don't think Mancini talking about RVP has helped Dzeko's mindset or commitment level.

The writing is on the wall with all the talk of RVP and Cavani when your the #3 striker at the club and he'll only be here next season if we can't sign one of those two in the summer.

I would have thought it would have had the opposite effect on his commitment level. He should be fighting for his future.

Probably just another off day for Edin in all honesty. It's not exactly the first one he has had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.