Sporting v City: Post Match Discussion Thread

Jumanji said:
Mancini's ego wouldn't let him him take off Dzeko earlier.

That said, in the home leg we will have Yaya and hopefully Edin won't play. I think we'll go through but believe that Sporting will park the bus hard as fuck.

I think he was more concerned about not knocking his confidence.

We were far too tentative tonight. Some piss poor performances. Particularly our so called creative players. We may miss Yaya, but we weren't playing a champions league quality side and nobody took any real initiative or showed any real quality until Balo came on. Very disappointing.

We've got it all to do at home.

85th minute, 1-0 Down... 12 passes between the defence. The lack of urgency we show in late stages of games is very frustrating. We are bound to be going into the final 10 minutes of a league games drawing in the coming weeks and we just don't seem to pile on the sort of pressure that I would expect to see, it could cost us in some games.

Richard said:
Pile of shite.

Still think we will turn them over in the second leg though.

Hart - 6

Kolorov - 6
Lescott - 5
Toure - 5
Clichy - 6

Milner - 4
De Jong - 6
Barry - 5
Silva - 5

Aguero - 5
Dxeko - 4

way too much imo.

hart 4
clichy 3
kolo 4
lescott 5
kolarov 6
barry 4
milner 2
dejong 3
silva 3
aguero 2
dzeko 2

nasri 3
balotelli 8

most of our guys choosing tonight to put in worst performance of the year. glad its over 2 legs....

I think we did enough to score tonight - hit the woodwork twice, had numerous chances flash just wide of the post and had a great header saved in the first half - but it just wasn't to be. Sporting's home record is actually really impressive, but so is ours. Unfortunately, we'll dick Lisbon 4-0 next week at ours and we'll progress in a competition that is actually going to be a drain on the squad for almost no reward. Kompany probably out of the Swansea game now when we need him most thanks to playing tonight, but at least we'll have Yaya back.

We went out of the Europa League on March 17th at this stage last season and we went on to win 8 out of 11 in all competitions, which got us the FA Cup and third place in the Premier League. Would going out at this stage win us the Premier League this season?

Blue Haze said:
Hari84 said:
Blue Haze said:
Dzeko will be gone in the summer, you could see it on his face.

He was far from the only poor performer, though.
I will do the same.. Leave City...
it's clear the big man does not have the will to play ..
And understands him well.

Shame really, as I think his class is fine. On his day he is unplayable. He just can't seem to cope with rotation, and when he drops in confidence his form drops exponentially.

Thats the thing though. I've lost patience now with "on his day". We're sounding like dippers on Andy Carroll. To play at this club now you need consistency and as much as I like Dzeko he has shown none this season.

Very average performance in the end, allowed Sporting to start dictating things in the second half, but 1-0 down isnt to bad with the second leg to come, hopefully we'll overturn it.................

Poor performance

Best player from city was Kolarov. Realy hope we smash them at Etihad.

redmizzle said:
Jumanji said:
Mancini's ego wouldn't let him him take off Dzeko earlier.

That said, in the home leg we will have Yaya and hopefully Edin won't play. I think we'll go through but believe that Sporting will park the bus hard as fuck.

I think he was more concerned about not knocking his confidence.
What confidence?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.