Sporting v City: Post Match Discussion Thread

MCFC BOB said:
I think we did enough to score tonight - hit the woodwork twice, had numerous chances flash just wide of the post and had a great header saved in the first half - but it just wasn't to be. Sporting's home record is actually really impressive, but so is ours. Unfortunately, we'll dick Lisbon 4-0 next week at ours and we'll progress in a competition that is actually going to be a drain on the squad for almost no reward. Kompany probably out of the Swansea game now when we need him most thanks to playing tonight, but at least we'll have Yaya back.

We went out of the Europa League on March 17th at this stage last season and we went on to win 8 out of 11 in all competitions, which got us the FA Cup and third place in the Premier League. Would going out at this stage win us the Premier League this season?
I'll repost, just so you can see that I talk sense when I've calmed down.

Celebritykiller said:
There is a light said:
I missed the first 10 minutes. How bad was Vinny's injury?

Someone please tell me it's not too bad.

He just pulled up from a standstill and signiilled to come off.

Which means we're being very precautinary or it's quite bad (a few weeks at least)

Cheers mate. Got everything crossed it's the former.

Our record without him and Yaya is not good at all.

Bad display, especially Dzeko who was beyond bad, Milner not much better. But we'll turn it around nxt wk. not sure Lisbon mgr and staff realise there's a 2nd leg the way they celebrated at FT.

MCFC BOB said:
MCFC BOB said:
I think we did enough to score tonight - hit the woodwork twice, had numerous chances flash just wide of the post and had a great header saved in the first half - but it just wasn't to be. Sporting's home record is actually really impressive, but so is ours. Unfortunately, we'll dick Lisbon 4-0 next week at ours and we'll progress in a competition that is actually going to be a drain on the squad for almost no reward. Kompany probably out of the Swansea game now when we need him most thanks to playing tonight, but at least we'll have Yaya back.

We went out of the Europa League on March 17th at this stage last season and we went on to win 8 out of 11 in all competitions, which got us the FA Cup and third place in the Premier League. Would going out at this stage win us the Premier League this season?
I'll repost, just so you can see that I talk sense when I've calmed down.
You can do it when you try. Please try more often, yeah?

tonethestone said:
Bad display, especially Dzeko who was beyond bad, Milner not much better. But we'll turn it around nxt wk. not sure Lisbon mgr and staff realise there's a 2nd leg the way they celebrated at FT.
Trying hard here to come up with someone who performed to at least their usual level.

Don't say Dzeko!!

The result doesn't bother me because it probably doesn't matter but I hate it when we play shit.

We were very poor but could have got something.
Cheating twats, they thought they'd won the cup at the end.

Bob got it wrong tonight and it showed .

Saw the first half hour and the first thought I had was "Napoli again!"

If Komps is fooked then it´s been a disaster of a trip coz we will struggle without him. The Komps- Yaya axis is vital to supplying quick attacking ball.

Get the prayer mats out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.