Sporting v City: Post Match Discussion Thread

There is a light said:
I missed the first 10 minutes. How bad was Vinny's injury?

Someone please tell me it's not too bad.

Pulled up with no one anywhere near him and immediately put his hand up and kicked the ball out of play, hope its a tweak but looked like it could be a long one as like i said no one was near him and they are usually the worst!

Think I'm going to be sat here for another 90 minutes at least trying to work out what the plan was supposed to be tonight.

bluefandk said:
Im sitting here trying to find a way to defend Dzeko tonight, Coming up empty.

As am I but I did not want to get attacked by the Bosnian guys who refuse to see fault in him.

Rammy Blue said:
Woeful performance yet we still managed to create half a dozen gilt edged chances.

Hey ho, we'll stuff them at our place.

p.s. Dzeko is shite.
Can't have been a woeful performance if we really had 6 gilt edged chances. You have forgotten what woeful is

I think bobby slipped up too many changes and should have brought mario on sooner.

We haven't played that badly for a long, long time. Pretty much everyone was terrible, from keeper (should have done better with the freekick) to the strikers (Aguero was invisible). Special mention for Dzeko though, everyone played poorly but he was an abomination tonight. It was clear after 30 minutes he was having one of his Mr Hyde performances, he looked like a mediocre pub footballer at some points. Quite why it took Mancini 70 minutes to replace him with Balotelli who in 20 minutes was, by some distance, our best player is a mystery.

I still believe we'll make the Quarter Finals, we were about as bad as we can be and Sporting Lisbon still laboured to a 1-0 win without every troubling Hart aside from the freekick. At The Etihad we'll beat them, ad score 2 or 3 I reckon, once the first goes in we'll dominate it, they really aren't a good side.

No movement at all from the front men. Dzeko will be made the scapegoat but didn't think Kun, Silva, Milner or Nasri were at it, just didn't offer enough for De Jong, Barry and the two CBs to pick out.

Bottom line though is that they were far more up for it than we were, which does not bode well heading into some tricky away fixtures against teams who will be massively motivated to get a scalp against the league leaders.

Not panic stations or anything, and we will most probably turn them over back home, but we cannot get complacent at this stage of the season, second leg or no second leg.

That said glad, we had an off day when we've got the chance to pull it back at home.

Onwards and upwards as they say...

Marvin said:
Rammy Blue said:
Woeful performance yet we still managed to create half a dozen gilt edged chances.

Hey ho, we'll stuff them at our place.

p.s. Dzeko is shite.
Can't have been a woeful performance if we really had 6 gilt edged chances. You have forgotten what woeful is

Don't remember these chances?

Aguero at the end
Toure header

Pezzer2 said:
We will murder them come 2nd leg Mark my words. Gutted we never managed an away goal but I am convinced we will stuff them. No need for panic, just wished we would have kept the ball more in the last 3rd.

I agree. The only thing significant to come out of this game was Kompany.

FFS hope he's okay.

boy was that hard to watch,but credit to sporting they were up for it,we didnt look interested at times,as bad a performance from the boys,but should win through at home.... oh and they have some dirty fcukers the countless fouls on mario and silva and the shocking stamp on aguero.... and any news on kompany hopefully its not to bad...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.