Sporting v City: Post Match Discussion Thread

Mark - TheBlue said:
Was pretty shocked with how well they took silva out the game he barley had any space and they dealt well with Aguero as well. They set up well. With Milner on the right he was never going to create anything so there's one wing gone. Back to what we know with Balotelli upfront and see how they cope away from home.

True, the minute they took silva out the game we lost all creativity.

I assumed this is why we brought in Mr P

Pam said:
The result doesn't bother me butI hate it wh en we play shit.

-- Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:15 pm --

The result doesn't bother me butI hate it wh en we play shit.

Nail on head Pam. I care less about the Europa league than I do about that group of players playing that badly.

jay-lofty said:
No movement at all from the front men. Dzeko will be made the scapegoat but didn't think Kun, Silva, Milner or Nasri were at it, just didn't offer enough for De Jong, Barry and the two CBs to pick out.

Bottom line though is that they were far more up for it than we were, which does not bode well heading into some tricky away fixtures against teams who will be massively motivated to get a scalp against the league leaders.

Not panic stations or anything, and we will most probably turn them over back home, but we cannot get complacent at this stage of the season, second leg or no second leg.

That said glad, we had an off day when we've got the chance to pull it back at home.

Onwards and upwards as they say...

Good post, really poor all around, should turn it around though at home.

How can so many players be shite at the same time. utter garbage. mario did more in 15 minutes than any of the others did in the 90.

Poor performance, all though thought the defence even without Vincent looked comfortable.

Perhaps a wake up call before the Swansea game.Hope for a positive reaction on Sunday especially with Yaya back and we have a rest after the second leg so we can really go for it

Remember when Given took the No1 off Hart, Given was miles better one on one and point blank but dodgy with crosses. Joe was better with crosses. Mancini saw Harts potential though and rightly (imo) made Joe his No1.

Joe is a great keeper and this isn't really a major gripe but he still has an uncanny knack of putting great saves back into mixer.

Hart has been magnificent this season but this one flaw in his game worries me.

i still think city will go through hopefully. dzeko hasn't played well for awhile. i don't thing he's a leader and i hope he leaves in the summer and we get van persie

We look pretty average when Yaya is not linking play in the middle, we will not win the league this year we are not quite ready and performances like tonight show why.

We need to wise up and replace the average players with more accomplished ones if we are to step up to the next level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.