Spot of bother yesterday

Ticket For Schalke said:
Matty said:
The difference is that Dutch people haven't been called 'horses' in the past as a racist taunt. Ugly Liverpudlians haven't been called Disney characters names, the Welsh aren't known for being serpent like and the Portuguese aren't insulted by being referred to as women, historically. Black people, however, have a history of being referred to as monkeys and find it offensive (it still happens in Europe now, with monkey chants aimed at black players). Anyone who can't see the difference is a moron. I'm not saying that was the intent of the suit, but that was end result. Maybe not intentionally racist, but unintentionally for sure.

But he didnt go as a whole black nation he went as one black player,i think your missing it!!!
No, I believe it's YOU that's missing it. Dressing up as a gorilla and pretending to be a black man, specific or generic, is ALWAYS going to look like a racist statement. I'll accept that wasn't the intent, but the intent is entirely irrelevant when you consider people's reaction to it. You can't expect people to know you mean no offence.

Matty said:
GorillaHardman said:
No difference at all it just seems like black people like to try and cause a fuss abotu racism all the time
The difference is that Dutch people haven't been called 'horses' in the past as a racist taunt. Ugly Liverpudlians haven't been called Disney characters names, the Welsh aren't known for being serpent like and the Portuguese aren't insulted by being referred to as women, historically. Black people, however, have a history of being referred to as monkeys and find it offensive (it still happens in Europe now, with monkey chants aimed at black players). Anyone who can't see the difference is a moron. I'm not saying that was the intent of the suit, but that was end result. Maybe not intentionally racist, but unintentionally for sure.

Excellent post Matty.

Matty said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
No, I believe it's YOU that's missing it. Dressing up as a gorilla and pretending to be a black man, specific or generic, is ALWAYS going to look like a racist statement. I'll accept that wasn't the intent, but the intent is entirely irrelevant when you consider people's reaction to it. You can't expect people to know you mean no offence.

theres not many things you can do in life without offending some people,do see were everyone is coming from,but were all judging the guy in the suit before you no him,bit of prejudice occuring!!!

Ticket For Schalke said:
theres not many things you can do in life without offending some people,do see were everyone is coming from,but were all judging the guy in the suit before you no him,bit of prejudice occuring!!!
We're not judging the guy in the suit at all, you'll notice that several people have stated they don't believe he meant to cause offence. What we're saying is, intent or not, offence was caused, and if he'd stopped for one second and thought about it then he should have been able to spot that offence was likely to occur. It wasn't a racist act, I'm fairly sure, but it was a monumentally stupid act.

I was stood near the gorilla man and i spoke to him briefly about his suit. As soon as he noticed people took affence he took the caicedo t-shirt off and that should of been the end of it. Having spoke to him im convinced there was no racism meant and he was just there for a good time.
I also seen a number of black/mixed raced people there that didnt take offence and had a laugh so if you ask me the people who stared the trouble was looking for it. Im sick of going to city matches particulaly away games where city fans get into fights between eachother over petty blown out of proportion stuff because lets face we need to worry about things on the pitch not off it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.