Spuds v CITY - Official Match Thread

Taken from vital football....looks like arry has his fans!

It`s Time for Harry to pack his bags…
Lose against Man City and Harry should be 'curtains`.

He`s got a smoke trail that`s longer than the Madras to Delhi steam train and smells just as bad, he ruined West Ham, Southampton and Portsmouth and he`s allegedly about to have his collar felt by Her majesties tax collectors for crimes against paperwork. He`s anti-Spurs fans and thinks that any cruel ironic banter or swearing is a criminal act and football grounds would be better off without the minority mindless mob. He`s lost touch with his roots and forgotten the average working man.

He`s tactically clueless, doesn`t know how or when to use substitutes to change a game and only saved us from relegation because the squad he inherited was too good to go down and because he could spend £40 mill to make sure we stayed up.

He`ll never make it as a top manager because he`s too busy playing nice with his favourite players, either refusing to drop them or playing them in positions that even Stevie Wonder can see is wrong. He only ever buys crap players and he`s got us playing hoof ball. He`s made sure all his mates and family have got a job at Spurs and he`s loaned out all our best youngsters just so he can`t give them a chance to shine in the first team. The only reason that levy won`t sack him prematurely (as he ruthlessly did with all the others) is because Harry knows how to doth his cap and when to say 'yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir`. He`s nothing better than a mid-table manager that once erroneously claimed he`s a better coach than Sir Alex of 'the big red nose day fame` Ferguson. He`s lost the support of the WHL faithful. He shouldn`t have sold Bent and he should never have bought Crouch, and what was the point of buying Naughton and Walker when he will never give them a chance to play for us? He doesn`t know how to get the best out of Bale and he will never play him ahead of his old mate Niko or use him instead of the worst left back in the PL. Worse still, we have the greatest talents in Europe sitting on our bench and he`s just being stubborn and won`t play them to prove some weird point i.e. Gio and Pav.

And his most heinous crime is that we may only finish in the Top 6 rather than the virtually promised Top 4.

Have I missed anything?

Yes, ladies and Gentlemen that is as close as I can get to an accurate summary of a large body of opinion on all things Harry that you will currently find doing the rounds of various forums, sites and blogs.

And the trigger for this cascade of criticism was no less than out=playing but losing against Stoke, playing too well against Villa and Everton and only drawing, and the straw that broke so many fickle fans backs is losing to of all teams, Wolves,.

Apparently, we have now fallen so far, that the season isn`t worth seeing out. Couple that with Levy`s insistence that Harry has to sell to buy and our season is already over. According to the soothsayers amongst us, we are now already doomed to another mediocre lacklustre season (it doesn`t matter that we are not half-way there yet).

Or of course, you could like me, take a quick glimpse at our league position, accept that all teams can have a rough patch (and ours is simply because we haven`t killed off teams we`ve out-played) and remind yourself why Harry has your support, you can start by comparing last year`s position and this.

It`s an old cliché but also one of the most accurate; Rome wasn`t built in a day, and you can`t transform a club in just over 12 months (well, at least I haven`t seen it done yet!).

We`ve come from no-hopers to being 'involved` at the right end of the table; we are in the midst of the Harry-led biggest transformation of our scouting and coaching system in our history, along with a complete overhaul of how we produce our own home-grown players. We`ve moved on players that as much loved as some were, we really knew would never be CL class., I fully expect this evolutionary process to continue.

We are building momentum both on and off the pitch (with of course the occasional hiccup) so why let short-term dips and disappointments undermine what`s being built?

Harry has given us the ability to look forward and face the immediate future with genuine hope and belief, I don`t know about you but I`ve had enough of 'all change` and one false dawn after another.

Progress is not always linear, well not in the real World I live in.

f course Harry has some big decisions to make about some critical positions, but based on what I`ve seen so far, it`s my bet that he`ll get it more right than wrong.

Of course there are some who will never be convinced, and they`ll already saying it`s time for Harry to pack his bags, are they really serious or just being what so many of us are these days - impatient and fickle?

Written by Spursex.

------------Given--------------
Richards-Toure-Lescott-Sylvinho
Ireland--De Jong---Barry--Robinho
------Adebayor-Tevez---------
2-2 (Tevez, Robinho)

SWP and De Jong both rated very very doubtful for this game....

Spurs have won 10 out of their last 11 games against City in all competitions. We will need a small miracle to change that horrible statistic.

Its like Villa against us, they hardly ever get anything out of us. I would be over the moon with a draw from this game, due to our horrific record against them and the fact our defence is completely and utterly shit.

Past results mean little other than playing with the mind if the squad has been together in the main for sometime.

Past sides have given Spurs too much respect for no good reason and have lost games because of what goes on in their heads as opposed to anything else.

We will start with at least 6 players who didn't represent us last time we played Spurs at White Hart Lane and Spurs will have a few as well.

If the players have a winning mentality and get in amongst them and start bossing the game from the start it will end up being another home defeat for Spurs.

We all know we have tighten up at the back and be better equipped to handle set pieces.

I can't think of a better time to start than on Wednesday.

..................Given..................
Richards...Toure...Lescott...Sylvinho
Ireland.....NDJ.....Barry.....Robinho
........Tevez......Adebayor........

Subs: Taylor, Onuoha, Zabaleta, RSC, Petrov, Kompany, Weiss.

Spuds 1 (Corluka) City 1 (RSC).

From what I saw at Bolton I'd play:

....................Given....................
Richards....Touré....Onuoha....Sylvinho

.........Zabaleta......Kompany.........
SWP.............Tévez..........Robinho

.................Adebayor..................

Bench:

Taylor,

Lescott,

Barry,
Ireland,
Petrov,
Weiss,

RSC.

Captain: Touré,
Direct free kicks: Tévez,
Crossing free kicks: Tévez/Sylvinho?
Right corrners: Robinho/Tévez, Sylvinho?
Left corners: Robinho/Tévez.

(assuming de Jong doesnt play)

(if SWP isnt fit then switch Robinho to the right and put Petrov on the left)

Zabaleta in for Barry/Ireland because defence is our main worry at the moment, plus I'd say Zabaleta has just as good of a passing ability as both Barry/Ireland but is more consistant and has a good footballing brain.

Onuoha in for Lescott as he was dire at Bolton and almost every other game this season, plus Onuoha needs games, although we'd never drop Lescott as we only baught him a few months ago.

Although with this team:

....................Given....................
Richards....Touré....Onuoha....Sylvinho

.........Zabaleta......Kompany.........

SWP.............Tévez..........Robinho

.................Adebayor..................

Defence

Attack

I kind of feel we're playing with no midfield, lol.

SWP and Bellers out

--------------------Given----------------------

Richards------Toure-------Lescott------Silvinho

--------------De Jong---Barry-----------------

Ireland-------------Tevez--------------Robinho

------------------Adebayor-------------------

(Tevez and Ireland couple swap about)

I think this could well be one of those 4-4 or 5-4 games

I'm gonna go for a 2-2 draw tho.
Adebayor and Robinho for us
Defoe and Keane(he always scores against us) for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.