Spurious Claim to Fame

My Dad was a milkman from 1961 -1991 and his round was on Higher Crumpsall.
One of his customers was Joe Gladwin( Wally Batty in Last of the Summer Wine) and he lived in a very modest house on Herristone Road, Crumpsall.
And just a few streets away,on Kathkin Avenue lived Mike Harding,aka The Rochdale Cowboy, who lived in a very similar house to Joe.
My Dad lived on Warwick Close,Alkrington for almost 60 years.
Right behind his back garden,on Hardfield Road was a detached bungalow and Foo Foo Lamarr lived there for a number of years in the 1970s. We never saw him much as he was a night worker at his club in town.
And about 3 doors down Hardfield Road lived John McGrath ,when he was manager of Preston North End.
I had actually been introduced to John when I was about 12 years old.
He was a childhood friend of my Uncle Derek,and when City played Southampton @1968 , Derek managed to get us into the changing rooms at Maine Road to meet his old friend John.
And lastly,on my Mum's side of the family, my older cousin was married to Albert Hammond back in the 1970/80s.
I only met Pamela once when I was a child,and I never met Albert ,I just knew that she met him when her father ( who was an officer in the army) was stationed in Gibraltar.

Bought a house in Charlesworth and the previous but one owner was Tony Wilson.

It later transpired that Ian Curtis spent several of his last days in what became my daughters bedroom (who was not present).
My son’s mother sold her Albert Dock flat to Mikel Atrteta when he joined Everton in 2005.

He was very rude to the security staff at the complex apparently; which is very telling imo.

I once showed Kurt Cobain where the toilets were at the Leeds Poly bar.
I once got mistaken for Robbie Williams in Camden ( I was quite offended tbh!)
I was once in the Grand Potato in Sheffield & Billy Corkhill from Brookside was in getting chips
I sat across from Gillian Anderson on the tube.
I was in business class with a BBC newsreader ( not not him) Sophie Rowarth on a flight to Mauritius ( I was upgraded)

My Dad was a milkman from 1961 -1991 and his round was on Higher Crumpsall.
One of his customers was Joe Gladwin( Wally Batty in Last of the Summer Wine) and he lived in a very modest house on Herristone Road, Crumpsall.
And just a few streets away,on Kathkin Avenue lived Mike Harding,aka The Rochdale Cowboy, who lived in a very similar house to Joe.
My Dad lived on Warwick Close,Alkrington for almost 60 years.
Right behind his back garden,on Hardfield Road was a detached bungalow and Foo Foo Lamarr lived there for a number of years in the 1970s. We never saw him much as he was a night worker at his club in town.
And about 3 doors down Hardfield Road lived John McGrath ,when he was manager of Preston North End.
I had actually been introduced to John when I was about 12 years old.
He was a childhood friend of my Uncle Derek,and when City played Southampton @1968 , Derek managed to get us into the changing rooms at Maine Road to meet his old friend John.
And lastly,on my Mum's side of the family, my older cousin was married to Albert Hammond back in the 1970/80s.
I only met Pamela once when I was a child,and I never met Albert ,I just knew that she met him when her father ( who was an officer in the army) was stationed in Gibraltar.

I was best man at Robert and Angela’s wedding they still live in the close

I was best man at Robert and Angela’s wedding they still live in the close
Which house number did they live at ??
I haven't lived in Warwick Close since 1980, so I don't know anyone who moved in after that time.
We sold his house earlier this year, he lived at number 9, which is at the top end of the close on the left hand side.

Wife's sister bought Neil Warnock's house when he left Oldham. Said he was lovely.

When Sarah Milligan started headlining gigs she couldn't drive. I used to do the opening spot and drive her there and back. Did the same with Jason Manford before he could drive. He paid me back by giving me support spots on his 1st UK tour

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.