Spurs’ new stadium

That pitch last night has to be the worse pitch in the PL for many a year.

Everybody knew it was not suitable for the standard of football required in our top division, but of cause TV money has the final say.
It made the Premier League look incredibly small-time on a global stage; two of the best teams in the league playing second fiddle to another country's national sport. Not a good look at all and I imagine the Premier League are privately fuming about Spurs putting them in this position.

Best thing about last night is the pitch coming to bite them on the arse and the ball bobbling up before Lamelas chance. Love it.
Best thing about last night was City getting the 3 deserved points and more importantly not suffering any injuries

any away game to the top teams are hard but having to play monday night at wembley on that shocking pitch and after the shocking helicopter crash at leicester i think everybody could have just settled for a point and move on, why on earth did the premier league and sky have this sort of thing going on ?? that pitch was not match fit and the bounce of the ball looked like the groundsman had used a heavy roller to flatten the pitch and the NFL logo's pitch marks shocking

spurs should have been facing a big fine or some sort of punishment for not having the new stadium ready and having to move fixtures is a joke, also playing at wembley should not be happening and after a NFL game and at least 2 to 3 weeks should have been but in place for the pitch to recover but again SKY getting there own way

It made the Premier League look incredibly small-time on a global stage; two of the best teams in the league playing second fiddle to another country's national sport. Not a good look at all and I imagine the Premier League are privately fuming about Spurs putting them in this position.
I have always failed to see the attraction of American football. And why the FA lets it be played at Wembley defeats me. Why not Twickenham or Murrayfield?

I have always failed to see the attraction of American football. And why the FA lets it be played at Wembley defeats me. Why not Twickenham or Murrayfield?
I have no problems with American Football being played at Wembley. The FA should be looking to make money out of the stadium while it's sat empty doing nothing, and I imagine Wembley is a far more appealing venue for the NFL than the alternatives you mention.

My problem is solely with Tottenham Hotspur messing everyone around. The FA had left plenty of time in Wembley's calendar for the pitch to recover before football was due to be played there again. Then Spurs came along and fucked it all up.

Surprised they didn't just paint the entire pitch green like CSKA did a few years back.

Pleased to get the 3 points and seemingly escape without any injuries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.