Spurs 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football has changed. It's not about being hard, it's about the ability to play football. Thank God.
Obviously there are managers who like to live in their past and think it's a crime that their
players aren't allowed to kick fuck out of the opponents, the level the playing field.
Still very prominent in football, watch some games and the biggest cheer in a game is a crunching tackle and fans get to there feet.

Fernandinho - high speed, two footed, jumping, scissor tackle vs Burnley.

Aguero - high speed, two footed, knee high, jumping tackle on David Luiz; plus, on another occasion, a running, two footed jump / stamp also on Luiz while the latter was on the ground.

As to elbows:

Fernandinho on Albrighton at high speed. Not entirely dissimilar to the Ben Thatcher assault on Pedro Mendes.

Aguero tried to elbow Winston Reid in the head but missed. The miss turned the attempted elbow into a forearm smash into Reid’s throat. Reid couldn’t breathe properly afterwards and was immediately substituted.

I could also cite Otamendi’s ridiculously high challenge on Harry Kane, kicking him in the head.
You keep referring to Thatcher,he was a thug . stop and not relevent to players now
Luiz always provokes sergio,not excusing what he did but it was very much out of character,aside from the one at wembley he hasn't done anything like you are describing,you are exaggerating somewhat for effect,luiz fouls him all the game and he reacts,i don't recall sergio elbowing anyone in the throat so as he can't breathe,not convinced on that one,you can't really call sergio a dirty player
You site examples from ages ago and out of the norm for our players,in the last few games we have played your team we have had 3 leg breakers and kane would have done one on delph but hurt himself instead,ali is a dirty shit,who was it that he punched full on a couple of seasons ago? he really is a little shitbag

Stop winding up the Spurs fans everyone.

I was more miffed at Poch blaming Delph when he was close enough to see, how his player went in for a ball he wasn't favourite for. It was so unnecessary and all his own fault.

I don't think Kane was trying to foul but really coupled with the Sterling one, perhaps he's the one Poch needs to have a word with him to not risk going in like that before he a)Injures someone badly b)Gets sent off in an important game(even though he seems to always get away with them).

Still very prominent in football, watch some games and the biggest cheer in a game is a crunching tackle and fans get to there feet.

And a great tackle (legal or not) can change a game. It can lift a team.

I guess this is what some people are talking about when they bemoan the lack of leaders.

It is why I love Lamela. He can do that. (and also he can be awful)

I guess this is what some people are talking about when they bemoan the lack of leaders.

Lamela is a diving show pony not a serious footballer

He's fucking useless at tackling, most of the time.
*edit. He's an ankle clipper.
* edit again. He's always on the wrong side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.