Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I don't know what has gone wrong, but something has. I have no idea who or what is to blame but today's performance did not come as a surprise/shock. I think it can be dated back even to the end of last season when we had to come back from 2 down in the games against WHU and Villa. We had a respite at the start of this season but since Brentford at home things have not been right. I don't understand the team selection we see all too often and I'd love to have it explained. Why are so many of our better/best players on the bench? Today we had 75 minutes (at least) of the poor fare we have seen for shorter periods in other games. After they scored we actually moved the ball more slowly than before, we actually played more passes along the edge of their area than before and then we miscontrolled the ball and gave it away more than before. We were sloppier and more careless than before. The only thing that remained the same was that we made just as little effort to make Erling a part of the game. I don't accept any of this rubbish that City can't play at Spurs ground or that they are our hoodoo, but we are seeing more and more periods of games where we aren't recognisable as City. I hope today is not a sign of more of the same to come.

Yep but thats not realistic, usual course of evmvents, manager first, players out one at a time forb3 seasons, histiry tells us that
Looks like a great plan if our clubs new ambition is to win nothing the next few years.

When I was a young kid in late 70’s my mum bought me Lego sets 5 6 and 7 for Christmas.
I made some great models from the box lid and put them on telly for everyone to see . Then got bored with them and tried to build something more modern using old bricks and techniques, it never happened they the models looked poor and disoriented and never took their place on the telly. Never to be seen again.

I don’t disagree with that.

I’ve said in the Pep thread, I think our current side would lose to our 2012, 2014, and 2018 and 2019 teams. I think that 2017-18 team would beat our current side about 4-0.

We aren’t as good as we were and 2nd would be a good season for this team.
2nd would be unbelievable

That was bad. But I don't see how having different centre backs makes us faster.
Laporte moves the ball quicker tbf and his range of passing is levels above Akanji. Also their presence/leadership might galvanise everything

Foden got sick in the hotel, and even before that it was clear his mind hasn’t been fully focused on football lately. Cancelo left because he has an awful attitude when he’s not playing and that has nothing to do with Pep (Also Cancelo has played more mins than any of our defenders this season)

The coach is the one who trains the players and sees things you and I do not. He’s pretty good at reading body language, and what people ignore is that Cancelo was playing awfully as well

I asked you who you would prefer to replace the best manager this club will ever have because you clearly think his qualities are not the best for the job.

My feeling toward pep are just like yours, he is the best manager in the world bar none, am not questioning that ?
what I am saying is the players are not giving 100%, he has lost the dressing room and a power struggle is going on between the players and pep, it's clear as Mud that world-class players are on the bench for a reason,

Cancelo was the first to moan and got a move, and many more will be out the door if something does not give ?
pep ego is the problem now, because we have lost again, it's now one up for the players and a told us so,

one big meeting is needed to draw a line and start again ? forget the title, it's gone, you think we beat arsenal twice playing like we have today ?

I answered your question ? It's nothing to do with me about who should be manager, fans do not get a say in who's going to be the new manager,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.