Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

No upset here mate. To be honest, on the basis of recent performances, I'd be more than happy just to finish top 4 this season.
Our football has been painful to watch in the majority of matches this year, and today we showed just how poor we are.
I'll give you a like pal, just so you're not on your own when the happy clappers pile in!

I'll get pilloried for this as always, but the usual staggered 1-0, 2-0 and 2-1 bet came in. Shite line up and shite performance.

Need to get Dias and Laporte back in defence, kev ambling back on one of their attacks, blowing out of his arse 5 minutes after coming on is not a good sign. Mahrez and Grealish have one good game in every 4.
IMG20230205181059.jpg

A lot of people talking about false nines or playing with a striker and we’ve just played with two! For that to work we’d need similar players to Raz & Leroy in their pomp or two overlapping quick fullbacks, that’s two-three new signings away and a period of implementation

Looks like a great plan if our clubs new ambition is to win nothing the next few years.
Possibly is, look Newcastle would hace bigger pockets, Rags looking hungry, us.. we need to slowly evolve as we aee winning nothing with the meekness we show, on off field, not fighting back etc. My guess is as you say slow decline Chelsea style and NOT win for well x years?

I can’t even see what we’re trying to do to be honest. Sideways, backwards, sideways, invite the pressure, under hit a pass.

Is Pep trying to make a point to the board? If so what is it? Does he want them to sack him? Something doesn’t sit right for me and it’s not results, it’s performances that I’m bothered about. If we come off the pitch losing 1 nil but we’ve had a go that’s all I can ask, but coming off the pitch again today after a gutless, not even half arsed display like that is what pisses me off.

I actually thought we started reasonably well without creating too much and then very momentarily when kev came on. Other than that it was completely shite with the exception of Jack who put in another committed performance.

Players don’t seem happy. They seem to be playing in shackles and it shows. We couldn’t string 2 passes together today and why Rico played left back when Ake has done well there AND when we have 2 centre backs on the bench is baffling. Rodders was badly exposed today in that midfield, he was isolated when we didn’t have the ball and when we did he had one of his poorer games for us.

Haaland is a total passenger unless we serve him. We didn’t.

Last season we seemed to put 4000 balls across the opposition 6 yard line. We’ve stopped doing it. Kev has played some wonderful forward passes to Haaland this season. We’ve stopped doing it. We can break very quickly and decisively and we have bags of pace in the team. We’ve stopped doing it.

I’m convinced the extent of our training sessions is rondo and absolutely nothing else. We don’t defend, we don’t attack. We wait for interceptions or mistakes and then try to score the perfect goal. It’s magic when it works, and it has served us very well, but it isn’t working now and we look incapable of changing it.

We need bollocks now. Big ones. This team/squad and manager have to step up and show some fight.

Then we need a fucking massive clear out in summer. If they don’t want to be here they can fuck off. No exceptions.

Why? Maddison is exactly what this squad needs, he's a hungry english player that wants trophies he'd bring goals and assists as well. Bellingham the same wants to win.
Plus he can play those passes to Haaland nobody else in this city team seem to be able to see!

Yaya running at Rodri and a young Rico who has dropped in would be a bloodbath, but Haaland up against Lescott would be some sight to behold.
Haaland could be running up against a mannequin and it wouldn't fucking make a difference coz he wouldn't get the ball anyway.

Fucking hate saying it as well mate but there is no leader on the field either? Unless there is a reason Dias still isn’t fit then it’s nuts he’s not in there at the minute! Not just for his playing quality but leadership of the team and how he can galvanize his teammates?! Everyone looks completely fed up, lacking of energy and worse any fight to change the situation? Grealish and Ake have shown it in fairness but the rest seem so disconnected it’s unreal!
I agree Grealish and Ake playing well at minute and giving their all but sadly I don’t think they’re as good as players we’ve had in the past. I’d still take Sterling or Sane over Grealish. Both hurt teams

Been poor this season something isn't right players used to run like fuck now they give the ball away and trot around

I'm not one of these negative commenters but something is seriously wrong
We have a clinical finisher that doesn't get the ball
pep came out with " we started well " well my telly is on the blink , after t en minutes it was obvious the mid -field was shite, , we are nothing like we used to be, pep picks players that he thinks deserve to be playing, fair enough, but he does not have the bottle to make changes that can alter the game, kdb, might not be what he was , but he is citys best midfielder, he should have played all the match. and what the fuck is going on with foden, thought he would have gone on and on this season, wont suprise me if , when it comes out, and it will , that pep has a part in it. would not be suprised to see pep bow out at the end of this season.

A lot of people talking about false nines or playing with a striker and we’ve just played with two! For that to work we’d need similar players to Raz & Leroy in their pomp or two overlapping quick fullbacks, that’s two-three new signings away and a period of implementation
Agreed we dio not have personel for no 9

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.