Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Bang on this. League is as good as gone now in my eyes, so for better or worse now he needs to pick a preferred back 4 and hopefully that can help us in the cups. I'd consider giving Ortega a run too, not as good as Eddie with his feet, but for me is a better shot stopper. I love Gundo, been a great servant but times time his lack of pace has caught up with him and when he was coming on at the end it felt all Meh for me. Start the Argentinian kid Perrone involved. Lastly I can't get my head round people saying Haaland is a problem, or more specifically people saying playing with a 9 is the problem. Last season I watched us a few times in games constantly crows the ball into the box to no one, this season we get to the edge if the 18 yard box and go back and sideways. Big summer ahead
Completely agree. I'm not sure if losing Eddie's distribution is a good thing but Ortega is a good shot stopper for sure.

We lack the zip and quick transitions from years gone buy, this was glaringly obvious in minute 1 when Bernardo held the ball too long instead of sliding the ball through to Haaland.

Perrone played a lot of left footed passes in Argentina (granted not as high a level)

Big summer ahead for us, I've heard so many people say this is a transitional season. Next year will be even more transitional if a big overhaul is made.

Any team should play to their strengths and for us that's getting Haaland on the end of balls and crosses instead of passing sidewards and backwards.

Only positive from this weekend is Arsenal dropped points to Everton whilst we lost to spurs away as normal, but even that doesn't feel like a wim given we could of closed the gap.

Sadly I do too. He’s missing an Arteta to put an arm around players. The assistant we have seems lost to me & disconnected from players. Arsenal players are running for Arteta.

Fucking hate saying it as well mate but there is no leader on the field either? Unless there is a reason Dias still isn’t fit then it’s nuts he’s not in there at the minute! Not just for his playing quality but leadership of the team and how he can galvanize his teammates?! Everyone looks completely fed up, lacking of energy and worse any fight to change the situation? Grealish and Ake have shown it in fairness but the rest seem so disconnected it’s unreal!

If that’s the case, and we don’t know it is, they’re a disgrace. A few big egos having their noses put out of joint by home truths.

If Pep senses that I’m sure he’d walk anyway… and then we become Chelsea.
Agreed, in terms of the first paragraph. Chelsea haven’t done that badly though in changing managers to be fair. Not saying I want that, but Pep now has to show the players are playing for him. Dias, Laporte, De Bruyne, and Foden back in the side. Lewis back on the subs bench along with Akanji.

Laporte is our best distributor from the back and can switch the play and Dias can speed the tempo up.
Yeah, ok. Dias is a stopper. Stones if anything is better at making things happen. Laporte is a better passer for sure, but he plays raking cross field balls to mahrez and the other team have already got a line of 6 ready to defend by the time mahrez invariably cuts inside.

I don’t disagree with that.

I’ve said in the Pep thread, I think our current side would lose to our 2012, 2014, and 2018 and 2019 teams. I think that 2017-18 team would beat our current side about 4-0.

We aren’t as good as we were and 2nd would be a good season for this team.
Yaya running at Rodri and a young Rico who has dropped in would be a bloodbath, but Haaland up against Lescott would be some sight to behold.

I have a feeling come Monday morning a very big meeting will be planned, players, manager, coaches, the board, will all be there, they will bash out a plan and pep will have to eat humble pie and revert to the old system, players that have a status at the club will have to play at the start, laporte dias foden Kdb gundogan all have to play
That will never and should never happen.

I'm fucking pissed off that we didn't take advantage of Arsenal's slip up yesterday.

Ake and Bernie had a great games i thought, but why isn't Dias, Laporte and Foden playing? We need some defensive stability and have gifted them all three goals this season!

We looked so unbalanced and are miles off where we were and where we need to be.

Foden got sick in the hotel, and even before that it was clear his mind hasn’t been fully focused on football lately. Cancelo left because he has an awful attitude when he’s not playing and that has nothing to do with Pep (Also Cancelo has played more mins than any of our defenders this season)

The coach is the one who trains the players and sees things you and I do not. He’s pretty good at reading body language, and what people ignore is that Cancelo was playing awfully as well

I asked you who you would prefer to replace the best manager this club will ever have because you clearly think his qualities are not the best for the job.
Football is cyclic. It doesn’t matter who you are or what you have won. It eventually comes to an end. For me it’s starting to look like we are coming to the end of our cycle. It has been the best cycle in the history of our football club and it has changed the way football is played in this country for the better. But all good things eventually come to an end and it’s hard not to get the feeling that this is the beginning of the end of this cycle. However, the end of one cycle is the beginning of another. We are an exceptionally well run club with vast resources so it isn’t necessarily the end of the world. Just the start of a new one.

I'm not saying anyone didn't look up for it, but in previous seasons we had a level above that we could shift gears into when required.

We'd turn defeats into draws & draws into wins. It just seems this season we've hit a performance glass ceiling & are unable to go beyond the levels most opposition teams present us as we've been able to do previously.

It's a personnel & mentality issue as Pep's alluded to & hopefully those in power will be hell bent on changing the necessary personnel & the 'I'm tired' culture which has crept in this season.
We are just guessing what the problems are. Greatness doesn't last forever or sometimes it needs a break. That isn't just the players.

Reactions: PPT
I'm fucking pissed off that we didn't take advantage of Arsenal's slip up yesterday.

Ake and Bernie had a great games i thought, but why isn't Dias, Laporte and Foden playing? We need some defensive stability and have gifted them all three goals this season!

We looked so unbalanced and are miles off where we were and where we need to be.

Grealish was our best player to be fair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.