Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I can’t even see what we’re trying to do to be honest. Sideways, backwards, sideways, invite the pressure, under hit a pass.

Is Pep trying to make a point to the board? If so what is it? Does he want them to sack him? Something doesn’t sit right for me and it’s not results, it’s performances that I’m bothered about. If we come off the pitch losing 1 nil but we’ve had a go that’s all I can ask, but coming off the pitch again today after a gutless, not even half arsed display like that is what pisses me off.

I actually thought we started reasonably well without creating too much and then very momentarily when kev came on. Other than that it was completely shite with the exception of Jack who put in another committed performance.

Players don’t seem happy. They seem to be playing in shackles and it shows. We couldn’t string 2 passes together today and why Rico played left back when Ake has done well there AND when we have 2 centre backs on the bench is baffling. Rodders was badly exposed today in that midfield, he was isolated when we didn’t have the ball and when we did he had one of his poorer games for us.

Haaland is a total passenger unless we serve him. We didn’t.

Last season we seemed to put 4000 balls across the opposition 6 yard line. We’ve stopped doing it. Kev has played some wonderful forward passes to Haaland this season. We’ve stopped doing it. We can break very quickly and decisively and we have bags of pace in the team. We’ve stopped doing it.

I’m convinced the extent of our training sessions is rondo and absolutely nothing else. We don’t defend, we don’t attack. We wait for interceptions or mistakes and then try to score the perfect goal. It’s magic when it works, and it has served us very well, but it isn’t working now and we look incapable of changing it.

We need bollocks now. Big ones. This team/squad and manager have to step up and show some fight.

Then we need a fucking massive clear out in summer. If they don’t want to be here they can fuck off. No exceptions.
Top post! I've been on here for 2 hours trying to find the right words, and you've come along and nailed it for me.
I have no idea where our 4000 crosses every game have gone?? It's frustrating as fuck too watch us at the moment.

Look at Liverpool look at Chelsea!

This season is transitional season seems we ain’t allowed to have one seems we expect to win the league forever more! The majority of these players have delivered since pep been here! Top four a go at winning the champs League and the fa cup then come summer players will leave players will come in and pep will get us going again…
Not that, its the total lack of direction

Seems like they're shit scared of putting a ball over the top because Pep wouldn't like that, they would rather pass to Erling on the opposition goal line
Not sure what the story is Fordy, I’m sure Pep has said before he’s happy for the right balls to be played. After that today he should be going mental at the players for lack of guile and any ‘high risk’ passes - so fuck if we give it away in the final third every now and again.

At least Haaland is used to the odd shit show from his time in Dortmund.

One thing keeping me going right now is that this current malaise might lead to the 4 amigos aggressively identifying and implementing a refresh of the squad. Maybe we have to limp through to the end of the season as best we can.

He might have been but I wouldnt mind marking him as you know he will always cut inside, same as Mahrez. And just run into a crowd middle. Now if our wingers would go passed on the outside with speed I would want to mark them. Our wingers are so easy to play against.

Sterling was always a better player when on the right.

Sterling and Sane. They were the days

This season is transitional season seems we ain’t allowed to have one seems we expect to win the league forever more! The majority of these players have delivered since pep been here! Top four a go at winning the champs League and the fa cup then come summer players will leave players will come in and pep will get us going again…
it's chalk and cheese at the moment,

world-class player don't sit on the bench and be happy, ask Cancelo ? pep was asked in the pre-match interview about the players being match fit and ready, he said only Stones is out,

you don't spike your face to ruining your nose unless your Ego is bigger than yourself
if Pep ego is hurting, Manchester city then something has be sort out quickly
Looks pretty obvious that the manager puts personal feuds above the importance of the team and we are seeing the results on the pitch .

He is anyway.

We’re just not as good a team as we used to be.

That's it in a nutshell. He knows it too and that's why we got a starting lineup like we had today, he's trying different players and systems out. He also can't account for stupid mistakes like Rodri made and this season almost every mistake we make is punished.

For me he has to go back to what has worked in the past for us if we're to rescue anything from this season. That's our tried and trusted players in their correct position playing a system they know well. That's Ederson, Ake, Laporte/Stones, Dias, Rodri, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Silva, Mahrez, Grealish/Alvarez, Haaland. He needs to tell them, "You've done it before, I trust you, everyone has written us off, go out and show them what you are, champions." The rebuild can start in the summer.

we should not be in any sort of transitional season ? we have a good young squad and a good mix of everything
am not buying into any transitional season shit, it's plain and simple pep ego that is the problem

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.