Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

pep just said it's not easy when you face 10 men behind the ball ? THEN get your players to shoot at goal ? anything can happen if you shoot and you can even score
In fairness most managers speak nonsense most of the time following a shite performance. He knows we have been playing crap too often this season.

Not blaming him, but Rodri had an absolute mare today!

We definitely need an injection of pace and creativity in midfield.

It's not there when Gundo and Rodri play together too.

We had most of that game and could have won easily!

Gutted!
I’ve been telling most of you on here since we signed him, he is shit.

I’ve said for ages he needs a strong number two. I think next season he needs to put that right.
What he should do is write down his team and tactics for spurs away……..then rip it up and do the complete opposite….or have someone challenge his selections and point out we haven’t even scored at their new ground let alone got a point.

The problem is all in the midfield and chance creation. KDB was better today, but Bernardo was shit and dropping a midfielder for Alvarez just made things worse.
KDB better....really???? You must have been watching re runs of past seasons as he was shit when he came on

Ah yes is essentially an invisible man but has scored half our goals this year....
Because of tap ins..ive said all along (like many others, well ALL my family. Old frlla and our kids Nooooooo not Haaland) not his fault but our team and pep is buolt on rotation of front six players ..getting to by line and cutting back to one of four deep mids attacking the box late. Looked beauiful. Was effective now we are fucking awful. I started supporting and going to Maine Road when i was 6.5 yrs old..'74 / 75 season, had some cracking players, Bell at his best. Even Law looked up for it. Book was savvy, it was then a roller coaster as we brought back big Mal (2nd stint, fked ys over big time) ups and downs. Takeover. Just mad, three diff m'ngers winning the league. Now we have Pep the best of the lot but you can't keep winning. Pep, have a rest abd ty, players..you've earned great money, move along now. Lets have c another...'pheonix rising'

Teams have sussed out our build up play and how to press us high. Inverting a fullback is leaving us wide open for counter attacks and we get outnumbered several times.

Happened twice v Spurs at home and same again today so we’re clearly insisting on the same gameplan which is very bizarre
Got to agree we've been found out by other teams

Nailed it right there.

In a nutshell. Whether that is because Arsenal are a better team or because Spurs raise it against us who knows but the difference is black and white.

There was no space behind tottenham today but Arsenal got in behind them at will. Totally different set up.

We went there and shit the bed. This team needs an injection of pace and passion, they have brought us the title twice in the last two years, maybe pep has smelt the drop and knows we need a bit of an overhaul.
Think it’s more a case of spurs defending deep when they play us, taking away all that space in front of the D. Less about us not playing well and more about their nullifying football and shithousery, particularly on the flanks, given the green light by the ref. When they play Arsenal they go for it a lot more and leave the gaps. Spurs v city, same as Everton v arse yesterday. Hopefully teams will now start to do that against arsenal (and against the rags as well).

Questions need to be asked about how our director of football and his team have allowed our squad to deteriorate so quickly.

Haaland was supposed to be the final piece of the puzzle but then we sold the rest of the puzzle. The squad is getting smaller all the time and weaker at the same time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.