Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Teams have sussed out our build up play and how to press us high. Inverting a fullback is leaving us wide open for counter attacks and we get outnumbered several times.

Happened twice v Spurs at home and same again today so we’re clearly insisting on the same gameplan which is very bizarre

Today was an acid test and we never came close to passing it mate.

More of concern are the players all looking at each other and shaking their heads.

They don't seem to enjoy their instructions.
They look scared to play forward passes. That sounds bizarre but that’s how it looks. Pep seems to have confused the shit out of them. I think we had possession for like a solid 2 minutes and slowly regressed to our box before playing Spurs in. It’s fucking weird

I’m sorry Pep but it’s you, you’re the problem.

You need someone to help you figure out how to play them away, and unfortunately the answer might not be something you want to hear or don’t agree with.

At least when we lose the match day thread gets over 200 pages, will be same here too I would think….
I’ve said for ages he needs a strong number two. I think next season he needs to put that right.

Lots of changes needed.
We need to buy some players with pace.Stop buying on the cheap.We need a big summer ie like under Mancini when we bought in Yaya and Dave.Then Aguero and Nasri.
Say what you want they were world class.Phillips,Akanji Ake are not although Ake has been our best player this year.

Not blaming him, but Rodri had an absolute mare today!

We definitely need an injection of pace and creativity in midfield.

It's not there when Gundo and Rodri play together too.

We had most of that game and could have won easily!

Gutted!

Omishamble Pep continues to show the world who's the boss at the expense of the team, results and growing exasperation of the fans.

We look a unhappy disjointed group
pointless in attack, poor defensively. He keeps the best players on the bench and refuses to use 5 subs.

Something is badly wrong and I suspect all the traits stubborn bullying tinkering and refusing to change emanate from Pep. He doesn't have to account to anyone and sooner rather than later it will blow up

Good grief....are you being serious?
Yet again he just flailed at a scuffed shot, no feet movement whatsoever, I’m one of his biggest fans but this notion that we need him to start off our amazing football (when we’re playing like stiffs) is very questionable, wouldn’t be against Ortega getting a run, but that’ll probably lead to another sulking player

I love this forum. I particularly love the reaction of some people being told that our football is shit right now.

raw

Oh fuck off.

Haaland isn't the problem.

The problem is he's papering over the cracks.. without his goals we'd be fighting for relegation!
Haaland isnt the direct problem but Pep is trying to counter act the fact that previously playing with a false nine gave him huge control in midfield where we would smoother teams and we had complete control....now with Erling we have the one less in midfield and Pep is trying to find ways to still have that control....and its not working.

The other aspect is that we have lost players who pressed from the front ...none of our foward line that started today press either very well or at all.

Lastly KDB, Gundo are both on the way down very quickly....we dont have KDB's legs or drive in midfield anymore...

We have no width or pace (losing sterling, foden and bernardo not playing well, jesus - all quick or relatively quick to get in behind defences)

All adds up to a mess and with the players we are targeting (Bellingham) we are going to have to change the way we play as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.