Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I don't think he makes us worse or Pep doesn't know how to use him, it's just theres one creative player who can find him in KDB no one else is creating for him. We need a David Silva to help Kev with the creativity
This.

As Dyche proved on Saturday with 100% buy in from your players there's always a chance. This team isn't buying in at 100% anymore , some are looking elsewhere, ( silva, walker) some are unfit physically ( phillips, kdb) , mentally. (Foden?)
The gap with our beloved neighbours is too close for comfort given how crap they actually are . The current standard in the prem is at such a low that the rags could still win it after being pulverised by City less than 6 months ago whilst the best footballing team currently are Brighton.

Sterling

He missed open nets and sometimes couldn’t trap it like Messi throughout his career , I couldn’t give a fuck goals win games
Laughable really when haaland has scored shit loads and we ain't doing very well this season. It's about the team playing well.

Sterling was poor towards the end. He wanted to leave and wouldn't sign a contract. He is of no importance to me or this team.

You know something.

Part of me thinks this pragmatic shite is with a view to lifting the CL.

Rarely does a gung ho side win that.

Think of some of the shite that has won it by beating us.
RM in that semi and they were awful, Chelsea fucking shite.
Rags winning it on pens after being shit and again in stoppage time after being shitter.

It's a gamble putting yer eggs in 1 basket and for me I'd still rather lift the PL than the CL.
We arent pragmatic, we are just rudderless. I dont buy this “its all on the champs league” theory. We are just crap at the mo

It's Pep, and has been for a while.

Sending out teams with no consistent plan, shorn of putting players in their natural positions.

We have one of the greatest strikers in the world and consistently fail to play close enough to him for him to receive the ball in front of goal.

That's on Pep. Kev is slowing down at a rate of knots but there is nobody else who is able to create.

We are struggling for identity and leaders.

Can't fault Grealish and Ake application today.

It's absolutely criminal we have failed to address the lack of creativity and pace in the team.
I haven't been bored watching City for years, probably the Pearce days. These past few months though, so slow and predictable. So easy to play against. Sideways back, sideways back.
I recognise tactically we've changed but being void of any pace or penetration is killing us.
That falls on Peps stubborn shoulders.

And what I will say is, if Pep really wants Rico in centre midfield then why not just drop one of the many under performers for him why does he have to usher him in via a full back spot? Rico for me can start ahead of Kevin,Bernardo,Gundo in that centre midfield position and I wouldn’t care.

Bad game. Tired Rodri, unfortunate Kalvin hasn’t shown the professionalism and fire to help the team, he was brought in so we wouldn’t see a burn out Rodri swimming against the tide.

Bernardo needs to leave, offers next to nothing and ignored obvious Haaland runs multiple times, but he’s not the only one.

People quick to jump on Pep but what can the coach do when KDB can’t even make a 5 yard pass? What should he do when the forwards constantly ignore the pass? He said himself earlier this season that Haaland makes great runs and his teammates have to pass to him or else he’s gonna stop making the runs. Yet people on here still think he’s deliberately telling the team to ignore them? Why would he do that? Honestly a lot of you here talk just to talk.

We are not playing well and he is trying to figure out a solution, but hold the players fucking accountable sometimes. Nobody here talking about Bernardo or how Julián is clearly struggling with the pace of the English game( not a criticism, he’s great and will only get better)

Let’s go live to City’s training ground to see the team working on drills to include Haaland more
View attachment 68167
Haaland upfront

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.