Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I agree with this. We don't have the intensity this season and I think Arsenal will probably win the title because they are more hungry. Shit happens. We are in transition and need to change some of of our players and our style of play. We are coming to the end of the Pep era (the most glorious one we will ever see).
But "on our day" we can still beat anyone and we still have a great chance in the CL and the FA Cup. We need to stick behind the team. There was no lack of effort today. Lots of teams have sussed out our pressing style and today was just another example of that. Football goes in cycles and that's just the way it is.
The players are not delivering the pressing style seen in previous seasons. If the majority were on it, the opposition would be put to the sword. New players is the only way forward now as the ones we have can’t or won’t do what’s required.

This team stinks. The system is very clearly not maximizing our talent, but designed as a stop gap to get certain players in or out of the team, we have one of the best strikers in the world barely getting a touch, and half the squad looks ready to move on. We either need a big overhaul this summer or a new manager and I fear it may actually be the latter.

Just watched a video from 17/18 showing some goals we scored that season - full of quick movement from full backs overlapping, midfielders running from deep, wingers attacking their full backs, players cramming the box waiting for a tap in.

I know we’re changing our style but you’d think some of those are basics and would stay.

Our off season is probably a top four all team have them under pep we had the first season without a trophy! We ain’t used to it and why there is always outrage when get beat or players look non plus but it’s burnout for me for the majority of this team!

Roll on next season with a refreshed squad!

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola speaking to Match of the Day: "We started really well, they didn't cross halfway, or just once and we concede a goal, like happened two weeks ago. A well organised team, physical, we can't expect to create a lot of chances. When we lose balls in transitions it is more difficult.

"It was good, we created chances and it was difficult. Most of the time to come here, we are not able to win the game - it is not easy to play them and these type of games we have to try and do the situation. The intention is there."

On his team getting fouled lots: "How many years have I been doing this [interviews]? How many times has the referee been here? "

An opportunity missed? "Those are big adjectives. It is football, they [Arsenal] drop and there was a good opportunity but we knew how difficult it was in this stadium."

On Harry Kane: "Big congratulations, he deserves it, he is an exceptional player - on behalf of Manchester City I congratulate him.

I’ve been telling most of you on here since we signed him, he is shit.
Jesus, stop being so reactionary. He has been one of our best players for 2 years now, and the best DM in the world alongside Kimmich. He had a poor game today and needs to improve, but drop this ignorant revisionism.

Something definitely wrong here. A severe lack of bollocks that in past seasons has seen us through hard times. Some of the blame lands heavily on Pep here - he’s chopping and changing the team now more than he ever has. The players he drops seem to sulk or not care rather than fire themselves up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.