Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

The football is so slow it has become boring. We need to get back to one, two touch football.
We are taking risks anyway be making us more vulnerable than there was with a false 9
However we have Haaland and we need to speed up around the box and play some passes, no matter how risky to him

Bit disrespectful to Ake that. He has been our most reliable defender this season. Arguably our best player today too.
A good squad player to have as a backup and provides solid cover at LB. But as a starting CB, we have have a better player in Laporte. And I am afraid Laporte would soon want out like Cancelo if he doesnt get regular playing time soo .

Because of tap ins..ive said all along (like many others, well ALL my family. Old frlla and our kids Nooooooo not Haaland) not his fault but our team and pep is buolt on rotation of front six players ..getting to by line and cutting back to one of four deep mids attacking the box late. Looked beauiful. Was effective now we are fucking awful. I started supporting and going to Maine Road when i was 6.5 yrs old..'74 / 75 season, had some cracking players, Bell at his best. Even Law looked up for it. Book was savvy, it was then a roller coaster as we brought back big Mal (2nd stint, fked ys over big time) ups and downs. Takeover. Just mad, three diff m'ngers winning the league. Now we have Pep the best of the lot but you can't keep winning. Pep, have a rest abd ty, players..you've earned great money, move along now. Lets have c another...'pheonix rising'
Mental

Think we have to realise this was always coming and we have to take it on the chin and stop feeling sorry for ourselves asap. Really dont think alot of the boys knew what there jobs were today in that formation. Dias sat on bench must be think same thing. Closest leader we have watching scratching his fukin ass:((

A good squad player to have as a backup and provides solid cover at LB. But as a starting CB, we have have a better player in Laporte. And I am afraid Laporte would soon want out like Cancelo if he doesnt get regular playing time soo .
Is Ake is better than Laporte. Maybe. Its a debate. Is Akanji better than Dias~? That's not a debate.

Today was no surprise…..and Kev coming on changed very little and highlighted Peps unhappiness with him……careless with the ball, poor delivery and no real effort to get back behind the ball.

We haven’t been creating enough clear chances for a good part of the season and I’m not sure playing with inverted wingers helps
Harland.

Whenever Rodri gives the ball away it invariably ends up with a chance or goal to the opposition.

It’s hard to fathom that a Pep team lacks creativity……but for all the ball players/carriers in the side we are light years away from where we were a few years ago.

The World Cup has played a part in our inconsistency but we are in desperate need of some fresh energy and pace plus creativity and the squad really does need freshening up.

You know something.

Part of me thinks this pragmatic shite is with a view to lifting the CL.

Rarely does a gung ho side win that.

Think of some of the shite that has won it by beating us.
RM in that semi and they were awful, Chelsea fucking shite.
Rags winning it on pens after being shit and again in stoppage time after being shitter.

It's a gamble putting yer eggs in 1 basket and for me I'd still rather lift the PL than the CL.
I know as much as you, what I’m saying is you can’t gift teams any goals whether it’s the PL or Europe because then they act about by feigning injury and time wasting just like Spuds did tonite, I’m confident if it was 0-0 on 60 mins we would of win the game, how many fucking times have we said this at that stadium.

As Dyche proved on Saturday with 100% buy in from your players there's always a chance. This team isn't buying in at 100% anymore , some are looking elsewhere, ( silva, walker) some are unfit physically ( phillips, kdb) , mentally. (Foden?)
The gap with our beloved neighbours is too close for comfort given how crap they actually are . The current standard in the prem is at such a low that the rags could still win it after being pulverised by City less than 6 months ago whilst the best footballing team currently are Brighton.
Pep wants his boy arteta to win this league iam convinced with today’s tactics. Pep set up today’s match with no intention to win.

what is going on. i want to hear an explanation for why our best player, maybe even the best player in the world, is on the bench away at our worst ground when we have not another game for 7 days. - cause KDB is a huge problem at the moment - looks done, no legs and hen he came on we were more open to the counter than ever...

why hes let one of our 4 or 5 world class players go out on loan when we have absolutely no other ordinary option for that position - because he was causing problems in the dressing room....his bad attitude was a problem

why we persist with this shite formation and our best 2 centre backs on the bench especially since we’ve caved under pressure away from home this season multiple times - Im guessing that he wanted pace to stop the breakaway....people seem to have forgotten that Laporte has been regulalry shit against spurs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.