Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

In the plus side at least we didn’t lose on Friday or dinner time yesterday so at least I got to enjoy most of the weekend, just off to kick the cat I’ll get closer to it than Haaland got to scoring today!

This team stinks. The system is very clearly not maximizing our talent, but designed as a stop gap to get certain players in or out of the team, we have one of the best strikers in the world barely getting a touch, and half the squad looks ready to move on. We either need a big overhaul this summer or a new manager and I fear it may actually be the latter.
It’s still not completely out of the question that Pep calls it a day in the summer. It kind of depends on what the players show him between now and then. It has the potential to go really, really bad. The bunch of players that Pep seems to be refusing to play is too large to conclude anything other than there are serious issues in the squad.

Reactions: cjn
Hits the nail on the head unfortunately. It’s a bit of a worry that we’ve become so easy way to play against.

The wingers aren’t driving at their man really. Mainly because they don’t have that skill set in them (Mahrez is good 1v1 in surprise/fast encounters but not slowed down) and it just ends up coming back.

Grealish tried a 1-2 with Kev towards the end and it got us inside their penalty area for something other than a cross or set piece. Shouldn’t be such a rarity.
Many of us took Silva, Nasri & Yaya at their peak for granted. With Kev off the boil & Bernardo here in body, but not in spirit we currently don't have the ability to raise our levels above our average.

Even though Arsenal lost yesterday, they fought & fought until the very last & looked ready to kick off a scrap toward the end, because losing was hurting that badly.

We looked like we were playing on memory today & that losing was just part & parcel of football. My question is which player/players looked & played like they were hurt by us losing? Haaland because he was starved of service to score? Jack? That was it, whereby in times gone by we'd have a team of players ready to flog themselves to death for the win. I've very rarely seen that this season.

That additional level of fight that we have always been able to call upon previously has evaporated this season & I'm sorry to say this, but I doubt we'll be able to resurrect that mentality & level of effort with this core group of older players we've been so reliant on.

We started our transition with Sterling, Jesus & Zinchenko leaving in the summer. We must continue this clearout & transition in the summer & bring in younger, hungrier players to replace an ageing Gundog & KDB, & a want-away Bernardo & whoever else has lost the appetite for Manchester City.

None of them represent our long-term future any longer, so the time has come for us to take a step backward, so we can take two giant leaps forward. It's time to get ruthless & fuckin brutal! :-/

Just back from the game.

For the sake of the 'get a grip' squad - I still pinch myself that we are playing Premier League football, and my away trips are not to Gillingham or Chesterfield, and I am equally delighted to be watching world class players who I had never dreamed would ever play for my club.

I am not an entitled plastic. However, in the context of what we have seen during this crazy last decade - something is clearly wrong this season.

We are privileged to have Pep as our gaffer, and I will be the first to build a statue to him when he moves on - BUT - something isn't quite right.

I was sat right behind KDB and Gundog warming up, and it was interesting that their body language was apathetic, disinterested and most of the time on the line, they spent shrugging and whispering to each other. All very strange.

No idea what we need to do - but something needs to happen if we want to win anything this season - and if we don't want to - that's fine with me too - I will be there wether we are playing Barcelona or Billericay...

The lack of pace in this side is frightening, pace scares sides to death & yet we have none.
Maybe weve taking up that walking football in deference to all the FOC supporters we have ha

Hopefully there is a massive row on the team coach ( if they are all travelling together) and a few home truths are given by Pep & the players.
Can see it just being silent though as everyone just thinks shitty things, much better a row and getting it all out.
Maybe they have been making their views already & not in this together this season .
We have no divine right to win the league every season ,but something doesn't look right

I was abused by the fan base a few weeks ago for saying this…

‘What stands out for me is…

The refusal to pass forward into space when it’s clearly on. The amount of times the team go back instead of playing a forward ball that’s on is scary.

Haaland would have already been on 40+ goal this year if the team just went forward when it’s clearly on. I understand being patient and going backwards if nothing is on but good god I’m tired of seeing players turn back when going for the kill is on.’

The statement still stands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.