Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I wouldn’t have minded if one of are players today actually got in a position to miss a sitter and that’s the problem are wingers will never score 15 goals a season between them , so many taps ins and to do that you need proper movement , so underrated just cause sometimes you miss hit a 2 yard ball you can be so important in other ways ie scoring goals that win you games
I respect your opinion, but I disagree. There must be some exciting options in the world of football. We need some new shiny toys this summer. Just my humble opinion.

Honestly worry how much we get punished when Rodri gives the ball away. We’re only ever one player away from the opposition being in behind

I will post something I posted in another thread.

Some issues are so clearly visible but unfortunately do not think we have solutions for that yet. but the main area that is causing cascading issues for us is up the wing. we have neither the fullback or the wingers to threaten the opponent from the wide areas. so they are happy to concede incredible amount of space out wide and simply clog up the middle of the park. watch how tottenham was happy to concede acres of space to bernardo and Jack because they are slow and cannot get behind with pace. so they just let them have space to receive the ball and then they can move out to them without fear of a cutback from the byline. if our wingers come inside we have no fullback to threaten the outside space. essentially we are non existent for the wide areas.

when this happens the opponent just needs to congest the space in the middle and make it a battle of intensity. this is where we have another problem. the energy from the midfield is completely gone. bernardo, gundo, KDB just do not have the intensity to press and then carry the ball. they are getting brushed aside. once a turnover occurs we only have 2 midfielders in the center because the two 8s are playing like two 10s high up to counter the opponent having numbers in the middle; which again is a result of us not having a threat on the wide area like I discussed above. Hence only Rodri with another false fullback Rico is protecting the center of the park. so we are getting outnumbered in the middle and also the opponent having the pace and the intensity in the center of the park can go straight to our backline. the backline now only has three players because of the other fullback being in the midfield. so there is always space on the sides for them to get behind or to split open our CBs for a through ball.

Conclusion: All our issues arise from us having no threat form the wide areas either from the wingers or our fullback. jack, bernardo, mahrez never have the threat to get behind and we have no natural overlapping fullbacks. until this is sorted we will have poor games.

Last edited:
You’re right. Out of curiosity, who would you have replace the only manager in world football with a 70+ percentage winning rate who’s lowest position ever in league competition is 3rd???

that's not my job to find somebody else, I am a Manchester city fan that does not have a say about my football club,
but I will say what I see and speak my mind and respect others,

when Cancelo left, it was clear something is wrong, then you see players on the bench that would walk into any of the best teams in the world, also Phil Foden has blue blood pumping through his vines not playing,

No not at All..look at my post b4 we bought him. We are not a team that invites pressure..then BANG quick ball. That is what Haaland needs saud that b4 we got him. BUT against top teams they will give us 1o yards with ball ..play mod block, ball goes wide, full press onbus, ball never reaches Haaland. O lu way he scores in our system v lazuy teams

it's open season for the media because we are not the only ones seeing it, when you see Pep going mental and calling out the players after the spurs game, in which we won by the way its was over
The media have always been cunts to us. Nowt new there but the openness of the meltdown is unusual for us. It’ll be interesting to see what happens this week.

Put both Ake and Laporte on market and we will surely know who from Barca, Real and Bayern will look to sign.
Barcelona signed Garcia. Next question? Actually fuck that. I'm editing this. Nunez was signed for more than Haaland. If we're saying the football transfer market is truly indicative of player quality then we really have lost our fucking collective minds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.