Spurs (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Just seen the aston villa celebrations yesterday. Man, how nice of them to make an effort to dress up all fancy for our game! I just watched it in my jeans and t-shirt.

It was only this morning that I began to realise that what I had witnessed last night was not a football match with possibly decisive influence on the outcome of the battle for the PL title but a much more important exploration of the nature of north London feeling. Who would the array of foreigners representing Spurs want to win? Would they really try to win? But much more important was the question of where the loyalty of the thousands of Cockneys supporting Spurs would lie. With their comrades from the gunners, or that dreadful team of cheats from up north?

On Sunday the other team from up Greater Manchester way had played to win. But they were an 'istry club and would play by the rules (even though they hadn't been able to introduce them themselves) if only because they were too clueless really to threaten the gunners. But Spurs couldn't win and so no real analysis of the game is needed, simply a reflection on the treachery of the gunners' rivals.

I still think Spurs played well. I still think they gave it a real go. Istill think Ange is a far more likeable bloke than any of their previous managers. And I still think what we saw last night was actually just a football match - albeit a very important one - and I would still like to read a good, or even a sane, report of it.

It sure was a squeaky bum kinda match yesterday. No way Spurs left it to us, even though some Gooners like to think Son missed on purpose.
When Ortega replaced the frustrated Ederson we joked it was probably a tactical substitution. Well, he surely showed himself.

Btw this match reminded me a lot to the one we played at Newcastle in 2012.

One win to go to win the league.

It sure was a squeaky bum kinda match yesterday. No way Spurs left it to us, even though some Gooners like to think Son missed on purpose.
When Ortega replaced the frustrated Ederson we joked it was probably a tactical substitution. Well, he surely showed himself.

Btw this match reminded me a lot to the one we played at Newcastle in 2012.

One win to go to win the league.
Hope the West Ham game isn’t as tense as the QPR decider in 2012.
Although I’d happily accept another 93:20 now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.