Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

How many years of parked buses do we have to endure before teams play more openly against us again? How bad does our decline have to be before we reach the point where teams just say “they’re shit, let’s take them on”? Because I can’t wait for it. Football is shit but it’s even shitter when every single fucking game is boring.

I'm afraid as long as they get joy in terms of results, it won't stop.

It's up to us to render it useless in the first 10 minutes by scoring and bringing them out, something we had no problem doing regularly from 17-19.

My feelings are that sides have clicked that you do not press Ederson as lots of our goals were scored when teams pushed up trying this. This may be controversial but I also think Walker needs binning, Seems to think he is a winger/midfielder & never appears to be in position when the opposition attacks.
Now some people think /rodri was good today. All of our play slows down the second he receives the ball and it was laughable watching Kane run away from him. He was like funning in treacle uphill. No better than Fernando or Javi Garcia. Mahrez & Bernardo both appear to have gone backwards.
Also, just saying, is Dias any better than Stones or Otamendi?
Was with you there until the end, at which point i spat my coffee out!

I actually think some players(Walker in particular) were making passes that Pep would never ask them to, nothing balls from the half way line, when the run in behind wasn't on or a short ball when a player is already being pressed. I must have said "what were you thinking/doing there?" a dozen times over that 90 mins, their heads weren't in gear and the passing itself was sloppy(overhit, underhit, off target, a variety of shit passes lol).

Last edited:
It’s just too slow and predictable. Too rigid. Needs to be more fluidity. Not far off. Problem is lack of spark/personnel. A proper player instead of mahrez and there is much more creativity.

Kev's form is a worry is something bothering him, yes lots of games & not 100% fit but is he behind the club with the Messi coming camp?

I don't know but we have lost a spark with Kev

No Silva & Fernandinio missing has to be a major impact

Are we seeing Pep trying to justify playing Rodri & Mahrez thank god Mendy isn't fit we could have the 3 fucking stooges

There was occasion tonight where Kane went back 50 yards to pick a ball up then turn & ran at the defence all you could see is Rodri miles fucking behind

I laughed at some fans on here trying to tell me Rodri is class, im sorry but he isnt

Gundagun although not HM by trade can play much better than Rodri & unless Dino isn't fit has to play there imo

Ps

Haaland on fire again

The lack of goals is a serious concern as is our inability to break down packed defences.

If we dont start scoring soon we can forget about the league, we can forget about a top four finish. In fact, we are going to struggle to make the top ten.

Players already making excuses for the poor performances and a manager with few ideas on how to arrest the slide at present.

I don't think we have the belief and the spirit required this season at least to make a decent challenge and a number of players of hunger , self belief and mental toughness need to be brought in.

It was pretty painful to watch as it has been all season to be honest , a long way off what we were 3 and 2 seasons ago.

If we had pace at defensive mid he wuldnt need to sweep up as much though so easy fix.
i don't care what people say his decision making is appalling. Coming out and making it easy for the forward, going down like a snail and the ball creeping under him, getting caught of his line and chipped. He needs to buck up or ship out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.