Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

Yet again when Pep makes substitutions it has zero impact on the game.
Would help if he did them earlier in the game, rather than when the boat has sailed!
When we were one down it was clear that things weren’t working out and I feared a second goal. Then would have been the time to change things, but instead we have to go two down and even then it took a while for the substitutes to come on.
Pep has a really poor record, statistically, of coming back from defeat. You would think he would reflect on this and change his approach, but that is not Pep’s way.

Cannot believe how self entitled some fans are on here. Sure we aren't playing well at the moment but there are reasons for this, lack of pre season, injuries to key players, new players, loss of form and confidence.
There is too much knee jerk reaction when we lose a games, get rid of x,y and z; Pep must go etc.
I am not being a happy clapper as I can see things aren't perfect but let's not over react to one frustrating defeat after eight games into the season.
I suggest you take a look at the table and think again we are beyond poor at the moment and no real improvement in sight. We are one or two bad results away from a crisis. We need 5 or 6 wins in a row to get back in the title race and that looks to be beyond us at present.

personally I don’t feel you are looking at it correctly. This happens every week so you can guarantee that it’s not luck that teams score a lot of goals with so few shots against us. Our opponents conversion rates are so obscenely high for a reason. Our system is open to punishment.. even when we were all conquering this was the case. Problem is it’s now been identified that that the low block and absorb and pounce really works. It also nullifies our attack so we lose a vast percentage of goals and concede a vast percentage more. Playing this way means every team we face has a decent chance of getting a result provided they don’t concede early.

we are a bit.. err.. fucked here.
Oh I'm seeing it the same as you believe me. All 4 spurs attacks tonight were because we were pushed to far up the pitch, and a bit of carelessness/bad positioning, and we're done every time. My mum texted me blaming Ederson, but 4 times he was put one on one with a forward and no cover to help.

That said our profligacy at the other end doesn't help either, so yes the conclusion is that we are a bit of mess.

Dont know why I'm lost for words, it's been the same for 18 months. Slow, predictable, run down the wing, stop, wave the opposition back wait for the them to set their defence and shape, go inside, lose the ball. Win the ball, square pass, one side then the other, back again. Make a move, stop, wave the defence back..... and you know how the rest goes

What a damp squib after peps contract extension.
The players looked disinterested and shit from the word go.
KDBs form is awful.

He always blames the opposition tactics when we lose, fucking pathetic

He's correct in what he says but then every manager who's lost, unless they got totally outplayed, could say the same. His problem is it keeps on happening. We all have our theories as to why but he's paid to put it right. He can't keep on doing the same thing and hoping that somehow the same mistakes suddenly stop because we're into our second season of this now and they're not.

Now Pep has enough credit in the bank.....and a new contract.. ..to be given time to put it right but that patience and time isn't infinite. He has also been given almost every player he's asked for. They are his choices and he lives and dies by them and at the moment they aren't exactly helping him.

Kev's form is a worry is something bothering him, yes lots of games & not 100% fit but is he behind the club with the Messi coming camp?

I don't know but we have lost a spark with Kev

No Silva & Fernandinio missing has to be a major impact

Are we seeing Pep trying to justify playing Rodri & Mahrez thank god Mendy isn't fit we could have the 3 fucking stooges

There was occasion tonight where Kane went back 50 yards to pick a ball up then turn & ran at the defence all you could see is Rodri miles fucking behind

I laughed at some fans on here trying to tell me Rodri is class, im sorry but he isnt

Gundagun although not HM by trade can play much better than Rodri & unless Dino isn't fit has to play there imo

Ps

Haaland on fire again
I agree Rodri is slow but his speed is not the problem. If you look at Spurs second goal our fastest player, Walker, found himself stranded in the Spurs half when they hit us on the break. It’s the way Pep plays. When we attack, everyone attacks leaving huge spaces for the opposition to hit us on the counter.

Its fine if we are scoring loads of goals but at the moment we are firing blanks and it’s killing us.

He's correct in what he says but then every manager who's lost, unless they got totally outplayed, could say the same. His problem is it keeps on happening. We all have our theories as to why but he's paid to put it right. He can't keep on doing the same thing and hoping that somehow the same mistakes suddenly stop because we're into our second season of this now and they're not.

Now Pep has enough credit in the bank.....and a new contract.. ..to be given time to put it right but that patience and time isn't infinite. He has also been given almost every player he's asked for. They are his choices and he lives and dies by them and at the moment they aren't exactly helping him.
The worry today was that there was little response from the players to his new contract extension, not a good sign at all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.