Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

The charge that has been made is that Pep has not been at any club long enough to have to build his own team to replace the world beaters he inherited. Nonsense! In 2016 he inherited a City team that was clearly on the way down. Two/three windows and half a new team later we watched the Centurions break every PL record in sight. Pep out?
Merlin, Yaya, Fernandinho, Aguero, Kompany, De Bruyne, Sterling?

He did a marvellous job with them but, please, he hardly inherited a bunch of rag-bags and ne’er do wells.

Last edited:
I've noticed in the Liverpool and Spurs games in particular that there were often massive gaps between the back 4 and the midfield and with Bernardo and KDB also currently under-par we need to address this area asap. Foden has to be given a run of regular starts and with Mahrez again unimpressive against Spurs he should be replaced by Raheem on the right. I like Rodri as a footballer but as many others have said I think we need a more mobile defensive midfielder

Well put. My articulation skills have been off the past few days.

I remember the elbow on Dave, it was assault. He properly nailed him. They sky said he couldn’t avoid it cos Silva is just so small. Bollax. They’re horrible cunts, and they’re making it far too easy for other fan bases to have a go at us blues.

This is killing off the friendly rivalry among mates for me. Cos there’s just too much needle in it now. Can’t get involved in a footie chat without being called a cheat or someone questioning my moral standing regarding human right
etc.

I had someone I’ve known for years verbally attack me back in august because Bernardo didn’t clap enough for their liking during the guard of honor months before when they came to our place last season.

It got very personal very quickly before I even realised what was going on. Trying to explain that I have no bearing on the actions of a Portuguese millionaire who lives in another city in another country, didn’t seem to register. This is just one instance of many that I’m just so sick and tired of.

And it all stems from media bias, and perception being the absolute truth in these very fucking shallow times.

The same person started another row saying Melwood was up there if not better than the Ethiad campus... oh the furlough was just a joke she tells me; they never let anyone go or intended to take the money blah blah blah.

You just have to laugh, though it’s getting harder and harder.

She also told me Liverpool pay their women’s team the highest wages in women’s football cos they’re a top team with great backing. I reminded her it was until quiet recently that the liVARpuddle women’s team would wear the men’s hand me downs on match day.

It’s gotten to the point I refuse to engage with her on all football matters these days. she just regurgitates the sky sports 15min news reel and the back page of the sun.

I was scolded another time, for bringing the Sun newspaper into it. It was very disrespectful of me to suggest a pool fan would read the Sun after how they’ve treated the families of the 96....

The double standards and how the red twats believe it to be true and worthy of their standing, is almost funny if you’re watching on, as an outsider capable of viewing with any impartiality.
I'm married to one of them so I hear you brother... She sees her arse if I ever dare to criticise them and her family are even worse... Funny as we never talked about football at all when I met her 30 years ago, it seemed to come on suddenly yet it's always my fault when we disagree

There was a piece on the local BBC news the other night about the record for home wins... I only asked her, is there a trophy for that and will they wear a new badge on the shirts and she lost it :-D

I was watching that and fuming. Carragher and Howe both chuckling at Kane basically cheating. If it would have been one of our players the tone would have been very different and they would have said, " It's outrageously he does it every game! How are the refs not seeing it??? It's tactical fouling and cheating and should be stamped out." Those quotes would have been headlines on every tabloid back page and then discussed to death on every football programme until it was, "The dark arts at work, City cheating their way to the title" or other such bollocks. The double standards really wind me up.

As for Pep he has to come up with something new. We had two great seasons using these tactics but they've now been sussed. We lost nine games in the league last season and have already lost two this one and it will easily be nine again if we carry on regardless. I watched Liverpool absolutely bully and destroy a Leicester side that thrashed us 5-2 and they looked miles ahead of us. Fast direct play, pressing, aggression, quick one two's, balls whipped into the box, injuries or not I see them strolling to the title again, depressingly.
Harry Kane when a City player comes within two feet of him
fyuo.gif

Why? Who would want to show themselves up on a public forum by saying they want him out? Apart from the handful of sad sacks of course.
I think at least a good portion of us are dissatisfied with Pep based on the last 4-18 months. A hell of a lot of fans would like to see better football and/or better results. Why would anyone be scared of saying it? People are allowed opinions, and these are valid.

I think at least a good portion of us are dissatisfied with Pep based on the last 4-18 months. A hell of a lot of fans would like to see better football and/or better results. Why would anyone be scared of saying it? People are allowed opinions, and these are valid.
Every opinion is allowed to be voiced. Being unhappy because we aren’t winning double doubles isn’t a fair yardstick to go off considering we have been hit heavily with injuries and the stop start nature of the last 12 months.
I think Pep has earnt the right to correct the wrongs in that time and nobody out there is a better manager to take us forward.
Anybody who wants him gone are just being silly and not looking at the big picture.
That’s my view.

That is a very stark stat. I hope it was all down to bad luck?
Who has said that it's all down to bad luck?

I'm pretty sure the argument is, there are lots of reasons not just one, as some are conveniently trying to make it. Let me guess, you look at those stats and still think: "It's all just Pep, not the players, no other side factors are involved"?

Last edited:
You think Spurs play like that in every game ? Of course they don't. They're a free scoring team with a wealth of attacking talent. They've scored 11 (ELEVEN) more league goals having played one more game than us. Yesterday Mourinho adapted his tactics, as all good coaches, do and they totally nullified us. Us gifting them the first goal was a disaster and I never saw us coming back after that.
Maureen's teams tend to park the bus against the better teams - like us, and attack the weaker teams - they've plundered goals in a small number of games - we haven't got going. If I was a Spurs fan, I'd want the 'elite' coach and the exceptional players at his disposal to have more than four shots at home against us. Yes, they got the result, but play us ten times and have four shots, and how many wins would that bring ?

They finish top four or maybe even win it , they will be delighted.

Results are king, not how you get them.

We used to have a team that was a pleasure to watch, we are now a one dimensional, boring team. Pass, pass , pass and pass again and no end product.

We have declined seriously
Look at Pep's Prem win ratio compared to every other Prem coach. A dip is inevitable, but many on here think we should never have a bad spell.

I’m well acquainted with those days myself.

The media perception after today’s match will most likely be,
Jose masterclass,
Spurs deserved it,
City a shambles,
can’t defend,
£100m in centre halves.
City can’t score,
Pep can’t coach,
Sterling’s a cheat.
But none of them will say City deserved more or Spurs were lucky.

A stark contrast to the perception that would’ve been spun during the dark days you mentioned in your post. A poor city team in the 90s and 00s would’ve been deemed as lucky with a 2-0 win after being battered.

But today; perception is everything, and it can be spun by enough media shite-hawks regurgitating it on repeat. It’s a fucking tiresome process we have to endure these days mate
Exactly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.