Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

What excuses did Mendy, Ake and Cancelo have, certainly wasn't tiredness.

Horrible from so many but the glaring issue remains and a top striker would have made little difference today.

The defensive midfield is too slow when the ball breaks down.

Fern still sees the danger but his legs can't get him there.

Gundo, Rodri, nobody solves this issue right now, certainly when we want to front load the top half of the pitch.

Thought Grealish was a real positive.

Really hope we take saul in part ex for bernardo...he didn't play today so it wouldn't be a stretch.

We are legless in the middle. LB and DM should have been first priority and people have been saying it all summer.

Last year we won loads of 1-0's during our mid season run because frankly there was no atmosphere and every team lacked from post covid stagnation. I feel from looking at us during the end of last season and the last couple of openers that we haven't progressed at all and other teams have. Chelsea first during last season and now others are also upping their game....the rags for one.

We are in a tactical rut imho. Walking up dead ends and showing zero creativity outside of a KDB who shouldn't have even played given the comments on his fragility and one more knock potentially seeing him out for the best part of a year.

Grealish was great and he was our best player...when you think about it though that should never be the case given how long it takes new players to aclimatise to our system normally. Its telling...

Last edited:
Really hope we take saul in part ex for bernardo...he didn't play today so it woudln't be a stretch.

We are legless in the middle. LB and DM should have been first priority and people have been saying it all summer.

Last year we won loads of 1-0's during our mid season run because frankly there was no atmosphere and every team lacked. I feel from looking at us during the end of last season and the last couple of openers that we havent progressed and other teams have. Chelsea first during last season and now others are also upping their game....the rags for one.

We are in a tactical rut imho.
When we’re on form and have a full strength team we lose the ball so rarely and have such good covering pace that a more mobile but less skilful DM rather than a ball playing maestro like Rodri isn’t necessary.

Rodri had a great season last year

I will break the bad news for you, Rodri was brought in to replace Ferna. but not sure Rodri is at the level so far Txiki and Pep hoped he will be at this point.
Yes. This is the problem. Rodri may be many things but a mobile defensive mid he is not. Yet we spent 60m plus on him to play that role. Poor value for money signing and given the choice most would still rather a 37 year old and fading Ferna over Rodri.

Really hope we take saul in part ex for bernardo...he didn't play today so it wouldn't be a stretch.

Last year we won loads of 1-0's during our mid season run because frankly there was no atmosphere and every team lacked from post covid stagnation. I feel from looking at us during the end of last season and the last couple of openers that we haven't progressed at all and other teams have. Chelsea first during last season and now others are also upping their game....the rags for one.

We are in a tactical rut imho. Walking up dead ends and showing zero creativity outside of a KDB who shouldn't have even played given the comments on his fragility and one more knock potentially seeing him out for the best part of a year.

Grealish was great and he was our best player...when you think about it though that should never be the case given how long it takes new players to aclimatise to our system normally. Its telling...
Well I really hope Bernardo stays! Should have played today.

No more expensive defenders please that chances are wont fit in.

Said this last year when we bought Ake and got slated.

Buy big and they don't work out, you can't get rid.

Too many in this category at present for my liking, we need to be very careful here.

Have to move players out before bringing in, Kane aside as we need a Striker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.