Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

It’s not the end of the world with us only being 1 game in and I’m sure we will bounce back next week.
However that left side of the defence with Ake and Mendy is genuinely bottom half PL quality. We cannot play them two together against top sides or else we’ll get murdered.

It happens too often that we don’t seem to be up for it. Too many soft arses in the team. If we don’t score in the first 20 mins heads seem to drop, and once the opposition grows and gets a few chances we get progressively worse.

Our record for winning from a goal down is fucking abysmal, it’s embarrassing for a team of our stature. Unless we can score first we seem to give teams hope that actually we can be quite shit and slow, plus we’re never helped by the officials.

We‘re in danger of becoming flat track bullies. Watch us hit 4 against Norwich next week, even if we still d have Kane. Torres will score and all the happy clappers will bury their heads in the sand again.

The last three games we’ve played, all against good or very good teams, we’ve been fucking shit, and soft. Not good enough.
Won 3 of last 4 league titles with soft arses. Would probably win 6 out of 4 league titles if we had hard arses.

Last season started badly until Pep adjusted defensively then suddenly our unbeaten run kicked in.
When we had virtually won the PL we then took a few matches before we actually got those few points. Whether we relaxed or not I don't know but those last few matches were not the way how we won the PL.

I think this season has players who feel the attitude of the end of last season will be enough.

Maybe fitness or even dare I say an inability to recreate our start of the winning streak. However if certain players unfit why play them?

I doubt it. We were miles off the intensity required to win that game. I watched all the games this weekend and everyone else was right on it. We weren't. It was the exact same last season. You can get away with it if you have an opening game but we've played at Wembley and Spurs and been well beaten on both occasions.
It's this that is missing from MCFC and not just the fellahs. 65% possession and it is slow, predictable and very easy to defend against. It is frustrating to see other teams putting away poorer chances than we create. I look at some of the games against these teams from previous seasons and everything is done with a bit of pace. One goal we scored in the 1-5 on the OS last week involved about five one-touch passes before the ball is rifled into the net.

Thought we where a bit hectic and to individual play! Mendy ache Cancelo to flaky for me and it’s Weird how we have so many world class players who can kill a ball from 1000 feet drop but can’t hit a ball on target!

There really is no need to worry, 37 games left and the boys will soon be up to speed and with a returning Stones, Walker, Kev and Zinchenko we’ll be much better at the back.

I really don’t understand the need to flap, panic and slate the players.

Let the rags, dippers and chavs enjoy their weekend wins, because I can guarantee we’ll finish above them all in May.
No fuck them

Defo shows we can’t afford to lose Laporte at all. If we do and have to rely on Ake for any large part we are fucked.

Mendy is just a disgrace, he isn’t a footballer. Cancelo is an ok backup
Agree, we can't let Laporte go, stop being so nice, Bernardo should be starting also

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.